the tree won...

toomanytoys

Went out riding just a few minutes ago. Made it about 500 yards down the trail and noticed a recent storm had downed a tree. I got this....no no I didn't.

Got up on the tree slid up wheels spinning then slide back and I let go and bailed. Tires hit the dirt and the bike stood up then fell forward instead of backwards.

Fun ride...my pride hurts.

toomanytoys

Saw going with me next trip.

I never put much thought into poision ivy. Been all over it and never had a reaction

I have to cleannit up to make it super bronc friendly

Last edited:

MikeBear

If you've never been sensitized to Poison Ivy before, it usually takes 3 separate contacts before the blisters start breaking out. It's rare for people to be completely immune except for those first few times of contact. I highly recommend you take a shower with some good dish soap, (to get the oils off of you) and put on all new clothes right away.

Just in case...

Oh and don't forget to wash the bike completely also (before the shower and clothing change). You might still be immune (if it is poison ivy), but maybe not all the people around you are.

Last edited:
Looks like poison oak, it has 5 leaves that are longer. Poison ivy has 3 that are the same shape and design as the poison oak leaves but they are shorter and and wider. I know my poison ivy and oak..... The wind blows through it and I seem to get it.

And Doctors say "You can't get it from somebody that has it!" they must never have had brothers that got it as kids!!!!

toomanytoys

I came out clean, not a mark. Honestly didn't shower for 4 or 5 hours after the tree incident. Then I went back out the next night and cut the tree up.

No problems.

I read a little more about the immunity to poison ivy and such, and it said as you did you aren't always immune. Didn't know that. My Dad has never had it as far as I know and he is in his 50s. My mom as well.