The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

Finally after a long dig through paper and digital files I found, what I believe, is the last surviving picture of a mini bike my dad built me in 1969.
I believe he used a pedal scooter type frame, welded on a back bone to adapt rank and seat. He raced sidecars, so he couldn't resist to bolt on a 3rd wheel. The engine was a 50cc moped engine, believe me, for a 8 year old this was mighty fast. I had fun, however, eventually ended up flying into a corn field and the bike caught fire. That was a great show for the neighborhood.

Finally after a long dig through paper and digital files I found, what I believe, is the last surviving picture of a mini bike my dad built me in 1969.
I believe he used a pedal scooter type frame, welded on a back bone to adapt rank and seat. He raced sidecars, so he couldn't resist to bolt on a 3rd wheel. The engine was a 50cc moped engine, believe me, for a 8 year old this was mighty fast. I had fun, however, eventually ended up flying into a corn field and the bike caught fire. That was a great show for the neighborhood.

That's awesome! :thumbsup:

only picture I have ..

funny only reason there was anything left of the lil indian after 50 years my brother had a purple two speed 5 hp lil indian I had a smaller chassis green 3 hp my dad said if I could start his I could ride it.. I was 6 my brother 8 .. I could get it goin most of the time and he couldn't so my poor little green one didn't get used as much .. lol

im super bummed out about that picture ..i took a picture of the old picture about 15 yrs ago and when I started fixing up the mini bike I could not find orig picture ..it was the only ..!! picture of me in my youth I ever seen ..lol must be I wasn't very photogenic or prolly more likely I never sat still long enough ..