They wait until I’m not looking then multiply

Thepaetsguy

Plenty of un-used tabs and junk to cut off then it will get all ground down and I’ll hit it with a coat of paint. got to get the forks off the other bike.

Thepaetsguy

my home made frame was so crooked and I didn’t see it till I welded on the very last bar... went to bust a tab off an old kart frame to weld in as a brace and one swing put a gnarly crack down the handle of the unwelder... like my finger after the bandaid fell off.. duct tape Edit: yes I did get it what I would call acceptable and straight. F7658D9C-1F5C-4D41-984B-B93379F49DB6.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

Getting a lot of the junk tabs and leftover weld ground down. Threw the fender on it. not sure if it’s staying or not. Now here is the kicker!! These junker china frames have 5/8 outer fork necks and use bearings and a small bolt. I was able to weld in my own 5/8 pipe and use the bearings and spacer right on the new tube. In other words it’s like a factory setup. This frame can be built with like 10 pipes a bit of weld and an afternoon. And if you have the right handlebars they do resemble a rupp dart cycle! 0C70A8F8-D2A3-4E2E-B761-C4E768CF6C4A.jpeg

Band Aids are for girls. Reminds them which finger or knee got the boo boo.
I KNEW I wasn't the only one who uses a welder as a frame stand. makes fine adjustments simple.
Looks like a nice, simple design. Why not make your own forks, too? Or..do you?

Thepaetsguy

Band Aids are for girls. Reminds them which finger or knee got the boo boo.
I KNEW I wasn't the only one who uses a welder as a frame stand. makes fine adjustments simple.
Looks like a nice, simple design. Why not make your own forks, too? Or..do you?
working on frames I get sliced often i’ll never man up and get used to it. once it starts stinging I immediately I start panicking.

Cut a corner off a rag and duct tape it to yourself.
I was kidding about the band aids. I can never find one when I need it. Wife hides them, I think.
Nice seat, too!

Thepaetsguy

Cut a corner off a rag and duct tape it to yourself.
I was kidding about the band aids. I can never find one when I need it. Wife hides them, I think.
Nice seat, too!
No worries about ball busting over band aids.. If I asked for one at the old shop I would of got laughed outta there hahahaha. not sure about the seat yet. It might get a copy like the other seat or I might just leave it. It’s comfortable enough.

If my wife and son come home from school and see bloody greasy fingerprints on the hall closet door, drips on the floor and they don't see me, she grabs her phone and sends him looking for me. That is why I just use what I have out in the barn. My motto has always been, I only need a doctor if I can't stop the bleeding myself.

nightgrider

I've been wanting to weld up my own frame. I've slowly been collecting the tools to rig a frame together. My issue now is lack of available time. Yours is looking good. Keep up the good work.

I've been wanting to weld up my own frame. I've slowly been collecting the tools to rig a frame together. My issue now is lack of available time. Yours is looking good. Keep up the good work.
I am watching this Master put this bike together with NO BENDS! I don't even get started because my bending tools and skills are way below what I consider worth wasting pipe on. But I can cut and weld!

Thepaetsguy

Just a stitch mock up... As in used the last of the spool to stitch it together. I know for sure I’ll go through most of another whole spool of wire to actually melt it together permanent. need a tube. and to hack together another back wheel. I did get the whole frame cleaned of all the unused tabs and leftover welding junk from when the pipes were a junk gokart frame. EDCEE578-5D03-41ED-93A4-84A2AC7A81FA.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

If it isn’t free and been laying around it’s not going on this bike. I will pay for some welding wire to keep me busy though. The tubes making the bottom of this mini bike are old gokart frame tubes.. notice how I cut each bottom tube equal so I could put the horizontal seat slider on there side to make back axle sliders? Genius! I have the slots ground out and a back tire in the works. The back axle is good to go. Didn’t even have to weld any tabs or anything for the back axle. 2FDA67ED-4E80-4F42-B2B4-DEAC04EADD38.jpeg CE3D60EB-91FF-470D-89E4-7540609EF550.jpeg 8643CDA4-D0D0-41A9-8F73-1CD376C1B86C.jpeg