This a Sears Bike, but what? - Thanks

Sorry for the ONLY small Pic I have right now as right after this Pic, I tore it apart and sanded and prepped for paint. Has been sitting apart for a few months. I am going to finish it in the spring (Cold here in Michigan - LOL)

Has Scrubber Brake (Non-correct Handle Bars), I know is was Sold by Sears as it has a Sears plate on it (sorry do not have the #'s off there). I have not seen a frame like this before.

Can you geys find out anything on it? I have looked at Minidoodle but no sears bikes like this one.

Thanks

Looks like it has Manco wheels? I just passed on one of those frames. It had a Sears tag also. I was told it was more mini cycle such as a Roadster II.

richs

minibikin your talking about somthing like this
the green one its from sears Ive never seen one like your red one krazybones someone here will know somthing

I think Sears called them Puddle Jumpers. I have not seen any brochures or lit. on them before. But I would look in old Sears Catalogs from the early seventys and I bet you will find Info there.

I think Sears called them Puddle Jumpers. I have not seen any brochures or lit. on them before. But I would look in old Sears Catalogs from the early seventys and I bet you will find Info there.
Sure, I will check my old saved copies :wink: :lol:

Oh wait, no I dont have any! :doah: j/k

Anyone?

If you just ask! There are people here that do have the catalogs and have helped others with this same problem. But your welcome.

No biggy. Ask 1stlegendtx. He has a catalog from one of the department stores but i don't know which one. He helped someone recently with a Rupp model with it.

It was made by Manco. alfalfa posted a manco brochure with the same bike in this thread.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/2753-need-mini-i-d.html It's at the bottom right in the brochure.
Thanks Jimh.

I see now it was made by manco and sold by sears. Cool.

Anyone able to find the name and year of that?
Sure is a small pic in that ad, to hard to tell what it is.:sad:

Based on another pic in that old Thread looks like the handle Bars I have are correct.

Thanks Jimh.

I see now it was made by manco and sold by sears. Cool.

Anyone able to find the name and year of that?
Sure is a small pic in that ad, to hard to tell what it is.:sad:

Based on another pic in that old Thread looks like the handle Bars I have are correct.
Anyone have more info on older manco's Preferable the Yellow one in the Lower right hand corner of that old Sears ad?

Thanks OldMiniBikes

Anyone have more info on older manco's Preferable the Yellow one in the Lower right hand corner of that old Sears ad?

Thanks OldMiniBikes
I don't have much info on the older Manco bikes but I always like that frame style and was luckly enough to get one last year. I didn't know they were sold at Sears. The one I got was the yellow one in the brochure that has one piece handle bars and forks. The green one has separate handel bars, which is like the one you have. Mine came with what looks like the original H30 Tecumseh motor and on it. The fenders and chain guard are missing.

Here's four pictures of my old Manco. The last one is not mine but shows the clutch cover.

I don't have much info on the older Manco bikes but I always like that frame style and was luckly enough to get one last year. I didn't know they were sold at Sears. The one I got was the yellow one in the brochure that has one piece handle bars and forks. The green one has separate handel bars, which is like the one you have. Mine came with what looks like the original H30 Tecumseh motor and on it. The fenders and chain guard are missing.

Here's four pictures of my old Manco. The last one is not mine but shows the clutch cover.
Thanks for posting those Jondan. I think this is a cool looking little mini!

Wish I knew what model and Year it is.

krazybones will you post a close up picture of the Sears data plate?
I'll try and take a pic of it tonight - I drilled the rivets out to take it off the bike so I can paint the frame. Am planning on putting it back on once bike is done! Mine you can read it all and not brushed off like the one above you posted.

kbs8ball

I seen a brochure on minidoodle for that bike im pretty sure. I think its an explosion diagram. I remember those gussets with the holes in them.