Thought you might want to follow this ...

It's rated for 100psi, it's just for tests, I want to see the fuel in the line at first startup ;)
I'll use good fuel lines once all set ,,,
Cheers

Steph

The injector is controlled by the ECU, the MAP sensor reads the boost, the O2 sensor reads the air/fuel ratio, all together to achieve the best tuning at all speeds,and boost, altitude , etc,,,

I'm learning all this stuff right now, ! My laptop is connected to the ECU and I can test in real time all the components of the EFI kit.

The plug is firing , and the injector is working to when I rotate the crank bay hand, I need to connect the fuel pump tonight .

Should start the motor this week-end,,, ;)

Steph

65ShelbyClone

Should start the motor this week-end,,, ;)
Video or it didn't happen. :wink:

Is the injector constant? And how does it sence boost?
The nature of a solenoid injector's "on/off" operation prevents it from being used like that. In fact, once they go "static" and reach 100% duty cycle, there is no more fuel control beyond that. As a general rule, 90% is the outer limit for safety. Some people recommend 80%. It comes down to how close the tuner wants to dance around a meltdown.

Ironically, an injectors' advertised flow rate is achieved at 100%.

The MBE Racing ECU uses Freescale's integrated small engine control just like The Ecotrons ECU. They use a strategy called speed density. The ECU monitors engine RPM (speed) and manifold absolute pressure and temperature with a MAP sensor and intake air temperature sensor. Density can then be computed and ultimately how much fuel to inject.

blahblahblahIreallylikethisstuffsoItalkalotaboutit.

I'm hugely interested in how this turns out. I've always kindof dreamed about doing forced induction on one of these tiny engines, but obviously there's a lot of issues with that. Not only is the plumbing itself a nightmare if you plan on sticking with carburetion, but the fuel delivery is a huge challenge. I also imagine it could get prohibitively expensive very quickly. Of course, your decision to move to EFI solves a lot of these issues. I'm curious to see how the tuning turns out though. Making fuel maps is far from simple, and since as far as I know very few if any people have to make fuel maps for these tiny engines (compared to automotive), there may be very little information on that topic available. That said, I'd love to get more specs on what kind of turbo and EFI kits you got, where you got them from, and how much it ran you.

I'd also love to know what kindof personality it has when you get it running. Stuff like what kind of turbo lag you'd be getting and how quickly it spools, as well as how high you can get the boost going. Dyno charts would be amazing.

I think I'd mess my pants driving a gokart with turbo flutter or a BOV.

I'm hugely interested in how this turns out. I've always kindof dreamed about doing forced induction on one of these tiny engines, but obviously there's a lot of issues with that. Not only is the plumbing itself a nightmare if you plan on sticking with carburetion, but the fuel delivery is a huge challenge. I also imagine it could get prohibitively expensive very quickly. Of course, your decision to move to EFI solves a lot of these issues. I'm curious to see how the tuning turns out though. Making fuel maps is far from simple, and since as far as I know very few if any people have to make fuel maps for these tiny engines (compared to automotive), there may be very little information on that topic available. That said, I'd love to get more specs on what kind of turbo and EFI kits you got, where you got them from, and how much it ran you.

I'd also love to know what kindof personality it has when you get it running. Stuff like what kind of turbo lag you'd be getting and how quickly it spools, as well as how high you can get the boost going. Dyno charts would be amazing.

I think I'd mess my pants driving a gokart with turbo flutter or a BOV.
Hi there !!

I haven't worked much on my project ,lack of time ,,,

I did plug everything on the motor to see if the new stand alone ECU and CDI made a spark on the plug at least !

I had to make a bracket for the Hall sensor furnished with the kit, I plugged every thing, and even
Was able to monitor on my laptop that everything was plug et correctly ,,,

It fires on the plug when I turn the fly wheel gently :)

A light on the hall sensor illuminates every time it reads the metal , I thought it would read the stock magnet on the flywheel
But it only senses the bare metal, I must find a way of making a piece of metal stad out the radius of the flywheel ..

My concern is to keep it balanced ,,,

Any ideas ! I haven't have time to think about it yet,,,

All I need is a tank to feed the pump, and the Hall sensor trigger bump ,,,

For the mapping, there is already a base mapping from a 160cc scooter ecotrons has made a program,
And this ECU can auto tune in closed loop or something, I haven't read all the instructions yet,,,

The turbo and EFI kit is from Ecotrons, check there web site ,,,

I must get this thing running and flying by mid June, so stay tuned !!

Cheers !

Steph

Hi guys !
Finally had a bit of time to work on my project , got it running injected !

Next step is the Turbo ;)

Thanks for watching !

http://vimeo.com/43366311

Yeahh ! It idles smooth now, but I had à hard Time just to get it not to stop !
Base program of the software is far away now !
Thanks for watching ;)

Yeahh ! It idles smooth now, but I had à hard Time just to get it not to stop !
Base program of the software is far away now !
Thanks for watching ;)
Updates?

Which stand alone EMS are you using?

Speed density tuning should work quite well for this aplication, as the MAP sensor will autmatically compensate for altitude pressure density changes.. Are you also using a intake air temp sensor?