Thoughts on this bike

$40 on CL. The jiangdong 5.5 hp is locked up and the tires don't hold air.
Frame looks straight. Come with the seat, but that's it for missing parts (no other covers/fenders, etc.)

00c0c_gvoXu1K5a4O_600x450.jpg

ive gotten them cheaper, but thats still not a bad deal. the engine should have a lighting coil. you dont want the fake tank that they came with (if you do ill sell you one)
baja warriors are good little bikes. get a TAV to replace the jackshaft you will like it.

I think I will pick it up and try to get the motor free. Looking at other pics, I would say it sat in the rain for a while.

Are the tires tube or tubeless? Tube should be easy to repair to keep air, not sure about repairing tubeless though.

Do you know if the front shock is spring or oil? Having mountain bikes, I know how much of a pain it is to keep the oil shocks working. The chrome is pitted on the stanchions, so if it's oil, that won't seal.

What do you recommend for a TAV?

front forks are spring and oil like standard motorcycle forks. they are probably moped units being so short. you may be able to polish the rust enough to not completely destroy the seals.

Thanks. I've read that you can use JB Weld to fill in the low spots. Going to pick up the bike today unless the frame is really toast after I see it in person.

Any additional help you can send my way via PM would be greatly appreciated. I will see if I can pull the model from the frame today to look for manuals, etc.

Thanks, I ended up getting it.

The rust is only surface so painting the frame should be easy. Trying to see if I can get the motor unstuck should be fun.

Need to by some parts for the Jackshaft Assembly as you can see it's missing some. Not ready to drop $$ on a TAV.

pomfish

Thanks, I ended up getting it.

The rust is only surface so painting the frame should be easy. Trying to see if I can get the motor unstuck should be fun.

Need to by some parts for the Jackshaft Assembly as you can see it's missing some. Not ready to drop $$ on a TAV.
If you mean the chain tensioner on the jackshaft, you don't really need it. Replace the small chain complete with a new masterlink.
Then put a small section of rubber fuel line over the bolt at the top, this will keep the chain from digging through the bolt and adds some slack take up.
I have a beater Baja that has had the same jackshaft chain on it for 4 years now and it never jumped off, that is the beauty of the big links compared to wimpy #35 chain.

To hold down the seat (since I know your seat bolt mounts are torn out of the base of the seat), Feed zip strips under the base of the seat near the rear mount and then under the frame, pull them up tight and NEVER try to lift the bike by the seat and it will stay on just fine.

Try Green Slime for the tires, get the jumbo size bottle, worth a try.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.
HTH
Later,
Keith

Keith - Thank you for the helpful information.

I also read that some people use a halflink on the small chain to shorten it just enough to not need the tensioner. Have you seen that done?

I'm currently working on a go-kart project for the kids, so this is next in line. Can't wait.

Does anyone know if the Baja mb200 body parts will fit on the older mb165? I found someone on CL selling fenders, tank, seat, and foot pegs for $25. It's a little bit of a drive, but worth it if they will fit.

Finally got around to working on the bike and discovered that when the frame broke in the back they welded it in the broken position. I got the motor unstuck (was rusted) and it runs great. I think I'm going to dump it back on CL to get my $$ back.

I really want a DB30. Which one is better, old design or new design?

20150926_151058000_iOS.jpg

Fixed up the bike and sold it for $140.

Now I have my sights on this one:

00k0k_9CPKCK2ruGh_600x450.jpg

$150 but needs carb work and throttle cable. Need to check condition of rear tire too.

Fixed up the bike and sold it for $140.

Now I have my sights on this one:

View attachment 78695

$150 but needs carb work and throttle cable. Need to check condition of rear tire too.
Those doodle bugs are fun bikes. Don't waste any money on that engine. (junk) Those engines won't pull a dried up turd. :laugh: Go to Harbor freight and buy a 212cc predator. Approx. 6 1/2 HP. you will love it. There are many threads about doing the engine swap.:thumbsup:

Does anyone know the actual front wheel width? They are not 8" because they have built in spacers, I can't find this info anywhere.
Any other wheels fit the original Baja tire size?