Tillotson HL Carburetor For Sale - Cleaned, Rebuilt - Pictures

Tillotson HL-239-B-901 Carburetor

Cleaned, Rebuilt with Tillotson Brand Parts.

Tested & Tuned.

.750" Venturi - .805" Throttle Bore

$50.00 Shipped with Paypal. Also for sale on Ebay.

Last edited:
This Carburetor is Sold, but I have more and I prepare them "One at a Time" because I never know if I need the rebuild kits for other Carburetors.

Other Carburetors I should have soon for rebuilding:

HL166

HL314e

HL176a

HL93a

Last edited:
OK,

I have the HL-166B & another HL-239B on ebay right now.

Rebuilt & Tested !!!!

I have an HL-314-E on ebay, but it requires some parts to complete.

Last edited:
I just sold the HL166B today.

I just rebuilt this Yellow HL93A - A.K.A "Bumblebee"

"Bumblebee" is a name I made up after deciding to keep the old yellow paint.

I haven't tested it yet because I have been busy.

I might deside to auction it off on Ebay starting at 99 cents because of the low cost involved in rebuilding it.

Last edited:
I sold the HL-314-E-729 and another NOS Rebuilt HL-239-B-901.

I will be testing some Carburetors this weekend including a used HL-327-D that has a venturi the same size as many Factory Tecumseh 4, 5, and 6hp engines (.625" or 5/8") as wells as Briggs 4, 5, and 6 hp float type Carburetors.

This Carb is very good for Fuel economy, Easy cold starting, and Sensitive Throttle Responce.
Is is in good condition and doesn't need a rebuild, but I always test them before selling.
($35.00 Shipped)

Here is some pictures of the other used HL-327-D I have.

Last edited:
This is a New Old Stock Tillotson HL-285-A.
It came factory installed on a 1971 Artic Cat Snowmobile with a 303cc Wankel Engine.

I will sell it for a strong offer.

Well, right now I have a few testing engines I calibrate them on.
I use a 3/4 gallon Gravity-fed Rototiller Gas tank, which is recommended if not using an external fuel pump.
I tune them without air filters to ensure they will work with and without them. They are setup to run a little rich, with only a little black smoke on acceleration.

As far as Adapters, The cheapest of them are made for the Briggs 5 hp. They run from $25 - $45 New.

There are adapters for Tecumsehs and they were made for Tecumseh Motorsports so they are hard to find and could be expensive.

The HL-239-B Carbs I sell are New Old Stock & Rebuilt. They have a Throttle-Bore of .800" and will fit Most Tecumsehs without any mods.

As soon as "Doodle-Hog" is running I will be able to Tune them perfectly for most small engines, adding fun to owning and using a minibike.

Last edited:
i would need an adapter do you have the entire setup with filter ready to go would be nice to have linkage too ready to go let me know a price shipped to wyandotte michigan 48192 thanks its an 8hp with downdraft carb looks to be from a generator i have 2 similar 7hps too they are all old flatheads

Last edited:
I think my carburetor would bolt up to the 90 degree intake........

You need to measure the bolt spacing, from end to end.

I have a Carburetor and Air filter adapter available. I don't have any filters right now.

i would need an adapter do you have the entire setup with filter ready to go would be nice to have linkage too ready to go let me know a price shipped to wyandotte michigan 48192 thanks its an 8hp with downdraft carb looks to be from a generator i have 2 similar 7hps too they are all old flatheads
The Carburetor would be pointing down with the intake, there might not be room for an air cleaner.

I don't know what the bolt pattern is on that engine block......

Picture of the engines would help !!!!!!

Last edited: