Time to Climb! New mini bike

Ding Ding

That's right, this is now my 4th mini bike acquisition in 2 years. I seemed to have found the serum for mini bike madness......just get more mini bikes!
Anyway, I scored this 1971 Arctic Cat Climber. Pretty clean, complete bike in decent shape. Even came with a mini-bike carfax! (there was a small tag attached to the bike that had the date of the last oil change, new spark plug, compression test, and carb cleaned :thumbsup: ) I am not sure how far I am going to take the restoration of this bike yet, but some things will definitely get addressed/corrected. I already started making it better, here it is in my garage last night

Check out the homemade drive guard! Looks like an old coffee can with some additional tin work, not bad! Fortunately the bike also came with the correct sparkly fiberglass drive guard.

Swapped out the homemade drive guard for the correct one, then decided to see if I could give the fenders some love. The front fender had some rust and pitting but cleaned up okay. The rear was pretty clean, but needed more forming to look concentric with the wheel.

I'm hunting for a headlight and correct Climber tuned exhaust pipe if anyone knows of any available.

-Mike

Last edited:
Nice score! Good job on the fender "adjustment". Looks like the front might need a tweak too. If you don't have the factory fender measurements, I'll send them to you. Looks like you have the right length bracket too... impossible to find in good shape. Too bad on the missing exhaust. There was one out on eBay forever, but recently sold.

Ding Ding

Nice score! Good job on the fender "adjustment". Looks like the front might need a tweak too. If you don't have the factory fender measurements, I'll send them to you. Looks like you have the right length bracket too... impossible to find in good shape. Too bad on the missing exhaust. There was one out on eBay forever, but recently sold.
Good eye, Wade. After I put the front fender back on I realized it needs more adjusting. I still have the measurements you gave me from when I formed the fenders for my SSSCAT II. 16 1/2" inside-rear fender. Yes the fender bracket is original which I was glad to see. I searched for that Climber exhaust on ebay, rt21trading finally sold it. The pipe fitting exhaust has got to go! I have a nice Taylor muffler that will work for it until I find the Climber exhaust.