timing question

Hey guys, I installed my arc billet flywheel on my new predator engine last night with the stock flywheel key and it fired up on the first pull. I just wanted to hear it run so let it idle for 2-3 minutes and it ran smooth. I read the timing is about 24* on the arc flywheel and I see people usually put the timing at 30-32*. Will I loose power if I leave the current timing? I want to just buy a 6* key but shipping is too expensive for just that one thing and I was going to file my stock key but I didn't want to take the chance on messing up my only key. I'm using 87 octane gas and the highest available for me is only 91 octane.

Well, I ran it and broke it in today and at its current settings I love it. I'm sure its not a speed demon like other people here have but it has enough torque to lift the front wheel while I'm moving at a fast walking speed (5 mph)

Leave it then.

There is a point where advanced timing starts to harm low end performance for the sake of the top end.
Yes you can make more power above 4000 rpm though.

Depends what you want.
Find a 14cc clone head and put that on.
You will get some of the benefits of more timing with that head without messing up the low end.
The reason is a smaller combustion chamber burns faster than a larger one.