too much motor?

toomanytoys

I just finished a el tigre with a 212 predator and its a monster. 12 60 gearing and its almost unrideable. Slowly take off half throttle to full throttle it throws you on the ground. Its a monster. Does it just take practice or too much motor for the small bike? I've put predators on bigger frames and never really had this much issue. It actually scares me.

Ask Neck, he's got one with a 6.5 clone on it, or maybe it was a Honda.... Don't know what he had for gearing though. Mine was only a 3.5 tec.

toomanytoys

I'm really only worried because I built the bike for someone else. And he wanted the big motor on it. He has kids that are 10 and 8. They will get hurt. Maybe I'll just give him the 3.5 Briggs I have for it till they get older. There isn't room for a Jack shaft.

If you aren't paying attention you will go on your back

FWIW... I wouldn't put a predator on one. Especially for kids. Hell, I didn't really even like the way mine rode with just the H35 all that much, but it's mostly just that bike.

restrictor plate the motor and\or put the hardest springs in the clutch and a 50t sprocket

mine was crazy hard to hold on too when i had soft stall springs in the clutch with the 72t sprocket. now with a 60t and hard springs its much easier but still not for unexperienced riders

toomanytoys

I have been riding it around the yard for the last hour. Pretty fun once you get the hang of it.....

I even managed to ride a wheelie about 15 yards.

I am going to talk to him about using the 3.5 Briggs for awhile. I'll just give him the motor. I have no use for it

toomanytoys

update.

I finished the bike, took the predator off and put a nice clean 3.5HP briggs on it and gave him the predator he paid me for. I gave him the bike back on his last day shift and he was upset that I had a smaller motor on it. I explained to him several times that the bike with the predator is really over powered for his kids. 2 days later he comes to work after his days off with a bandage on his head. He comes into my office and said 'hey you were right that big motor was too much power' He was riding it down the road with the predator and rolled from half to full throttle and it threw him on the ground and he bashed his head off the pavement.

He wasn't upset with me, he said you warned me and I didn't listen I just didn't see how a small motor like that could make that bike such a beast.

It's good to hear it when you know you were right. Also takes a big man to admit he was wrong. I'm glad to hear it was him and not an 8 year old child taking a fall like that. Good on you and him both.