Torgue converter for big hp?

H60 1" Crank

I bet someone has one that they don't want since most guys here use 3/4" setups. Maybe place an add for the 1" crank in the wanted section, or you could try to trade with someone.

I'd like to stay with 3/4 shaft. Yes I can sleeve the shaft but most 3/4 shafts have 3/16 key ways and 1 inch shafts have 1/4 inch. Can I beef up a tav2?

Jr Dragster Salsbury/Comet set up. It is just like the original set up on the Harrisons with 3/4 driver...but the driven is an inch wider and I believe a 3/4 shaft. So you have to modify the mount. But it handles 20 plus HP. And I just happen to have a spare set up.....just sayin.

A while back I wanted to put a predator 212 in my wood chipper but the blade flywheel had a 1 inch bore. I never finished doing this but while researching I found Split bushings which would be able to step up a 3/4 in shaft to a 1in. Its a bushing with a cut down the middle that can accept the key.

I've had a standard comet TAV on my kids Kart with a stockish 3/4" 10hp Tec. Never had any problems, even many winters in the snow but not running those RPMs. Even used an old beat up belt thinking he'd burn it.

Looks like you either need an adapter or pay smoking crack to cheezy.:laugh:

I have a Tecumseh h60 making around ten hp. Max rpm is about 7000. I'm looking for a torque converter that will handle this and is for a 3/4 shaft with out going to an expensive jr. dragster setup. It's Harrison Wildcat mini bike. I may want to tweak the H60 for more hp in the future.
The Comet 44 is rated by the MFGR at 1900-3900 RPM. The OP however stated a requirement for a high RPM clutch.

Sorry you're butt-hurt. You gave bad advice. I use a 44 on my Tote Gote at stock rev, high torque situation and it does fine. It is not a high rev clutch, and all your Google search meme's wont change that. :thumbsup:

The snow mobile clutch he obtained from Cheezy however is a good choice.