Torque converter install

Hello all, new to this site, there are some talented people on here for sure...I have a Baja warrior and am VERY interested in putting a torque converter on it..Based on some tutorials I saw on Youtube, it doesn't look all that difficult. I am average to slightly above average as to my mechanical skills, can someone honestly tell me about their experience installing a torque converter, do the kits contain ALL the parts you need, as well as adequate instructions to do so? The improvement that comes with a torque converter makes it a no brainer in my opinion, thanks to all that reply to this...

joekd

Of the 2 TAV units I have bought neither have had any instructions at all, I followed steps on youtube and here to install on my Warrior, it was very easy

Hardest part was bending down one tab with a hammer that the OEM jackshaft plate bolted to and cutting a bracket from the chainguard so it wouldn't be in the way

Make sure you get the one with a stamped backplate, otherwise there is some cutting that needs to be done

Here is a pic of the finished install on my warrior

If you have any questions just ask, more then enough answers on this site!

Thanks Joe

Thanks for your reply, your install looks great, I am sold. I will post my finished project. Are you happy with the performance?

joekd

I do like the way the TAV works but as for performance I swapped in the built motor and the TAV at the same time so it's hard to tell how much was the TAV itself

Well as for performance I know my baja heat with a jetted carb, K&N filter, and header goes 25mph topped out with the stock jackshaft that came on those bikes. I am getting a TAV this spring. I beleive there is a video on youtube where a bone stock baja warrior with a TAV is gps at 45mph.