Tote Gote 706

Here is my new project I picked up recently. I plan on doing a complete restoration.

Info:
Model 706
Serial 167
6hp Briggs and Stratton engine with lighting coil
Brake lights
Aircraft-type tires

Last edited:
Hey 3onthetree,

What a nice find :thumbsup: .

That bike looks like a survivor....I know you need to work with the seat, but looking at the rest of your bike, makes me wonder how it would look with a very detailed cleaning ?

Congratulations on your find, and have fun with it.

yeah three.......nice one........your throttle looks to be all there......im also working on a 680........ill be watching.....:blink::blink:

Spent the past couple of days working on the exhaust and brake light linkage. Not quite sure if I'm going to leave the exhaust like it is in the picture or not. Just had to try it. I also bought a low tone muffler to try too.
Also have to take the carb back off as I see the float must be adjusted too high and it leaks gasoline a little when it is not running. Gotta love the old stuff!

If I have a flojet that leaks, I make sure the seat for the needle is clean. I use a 1/8" drill bit and just spin it with my fingers (don't use a drill). Make sure the tip on the needle is in good shape and set the float level.

Ok, I know it's been a while but I am currently working on fabricating replacement side screens for my Gote. Could anyone please tell me how they attach to the frame? Maybe some pics would be great too? Thanks in advance!

Side screens finally done and installed. I deviated a little from how they were originally mounted, but mine are also heavier guage expanded metal. I think they turned out alright. Now comes the fun part - complete tear down to clean up and paint. I am thinking red with black screens and silver rims?