Towing with my Mini Bike

+
I don't tow with my Minibike... I even took the factory accessory hitch off my Super Bronc. I do tow with my 4 wheeler and the hitch is at axle level.

Just my observation but I would think that pulling at that elevation would create a lot of force where you don't want it. I think you would want to tow from the axle level and not the seat level. You have a lot of leverage at that distance above the axle. Personally I would tow from a point straight behind the axle. Anytime you see a bike on the road with a trailer it is at axle height.

I just don't see this turning out good if you tow anything beyond one of those little buggies you see behind the Mom on the bike with the kid in tow. Would make a nice rack to carry something.

Doug

Fomogo. Thanks for input. The bracket will be lowered roughly 6" down the frame at almost tire level. Low enough to where I will remove the fender when towing. I'm only planning on pulling a light duty 4x8 trailer in a parade.

It looks to me as though your bracket is upside down. Flip it over and the ball will ride at about axle height. Double up on the clamps. Are you planning to load the trailer up w/kids?

The frame rail is at a 72° angle, so if I turn it upside down it'll be pointed upward and won't be parallel to the ground. No kids on it, just a lighted display (roughly 100lbs.) Plus the light weight trailer.

WLB

As others have said, tow at axle level or lower. If you tow at the height shown and attempt to make a turn more than a few degrees, you will be thrown to the ground. Guess how I know that:laugh::laugh:

It towed very nicely. It was used in a parade, but i had tested it in the neighborhood with more speed prior and no issues. I would say total weight that was towed, 500-600# including trailer. Breaks weren’t made to handle that much weight so i took precautions to slow down with enough distance.
Sidecar next for my son’s baja.