Trail Sport Buffalo

Pablo

I recently inherited a Trail Sport Buffalo. Hell of a bike. But now the time has come to do some work on it. So far I have found all the parts I need except one. It needs a new sprocket. The one that's on it is a type C, 10 tooth, 3/4" bore, for a #40 chain. I looked high and low and am convinced they don't make them anymore. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Was wondering if I could put a different sprocket on there instead? 8, 11, or 12 tooth? What would that do to the bike's performance? Would it F up the works? I appreciate any information y'all could give me.

I'm sure someone will post a good reference site for sprockets, try OldMiniBikes.com?
The more teeth on the torque converter sprocket, the faster the bike will go, but lack the take off torque. The fewer the teeth, the more torque and take off power it will have, but a lesser top speed.

Pablo

Well I'll be danged... like they say, "measure twice, cut once". I went back and remeasured the sprocket... dang thing is 5/8". Where the hell was my mind? I appreciate all y'all's information. Thank you. Time to go put my bike back together. Will try to down a photo when finished.