Trailsport Buffalo

jeep4me

I decided to redo the Trailsport Buffalo just because. I thought I would do this after Windber, but have decided to try and get it done so I can bring it with us so I can ride it down there.

I always thought these bikes looked a little "military", so that's what I've decided to do.

I'm taking it to my powdercoater tomorrow morning, early, and he said he could have it ready for me before next weekend. That'll give me a week to put it back together.

I'm also adding some ammo boxes on either side of the rear wheel to give it more of that military look.

Flat O.D. Green, Brown and black are the colors. I'll get the guys at my work to cut out some stencils so I can spray paint the call numbers and other insignia needed to make it complete.

Here's how the bike looks today......

jeep4me

Thanks to some prodding from countstevula, I'm doing this before Windber.

I'm hoping that by me finishing another project bike it might inspire him to finish one of his:facepalm:

I am excited about doing this one. I just hope it turns out like I see it in my head:confused:

Thanks to some prodding from countstevula, I'm doing this before Windber.

I'm hoping that by me finishing another project bike it might inspire him to finish one of his:facepalm:

I am excited about doing this one. I just hope it turns out like I see it in my head:confused:
HAHA, baby steps! Pretty soon I will have 4 out of my 5 project bikes powdercoated and ready to start re-assembling LOL

jeep4me

nice bike jeep.the bars are cool.are they original ?
Thanks!

Those bars are not original. I found those at the scrapyard and had been waiting for the right bike to put them on. I did have to bend them out a little. They must have come off from a beach cruiser style bicycle.

FastKat

Great idea for the military boxes, if you don't mind I would like to steal that concept and work into my PakJak project.

jeep4me

Got the bike and boxes back from the powdercoater today.

Probably won't add the boxes until after I get back from Windber, just not sure how they will handle the 2 or 3 days of trail riding. Plus it'll add a lot of weight to the bike. I just don't want to have to mess around with pulling them off while I'm down there.

Anyway, I had the guys at work cut me some stencils to add a couple graphics to the bike. A star on the front fender and some call letters on the chain guard.

jeep4me

That thing looks sweet. My hands would go numb riding that with those tall bars.:thumbsup:
Been riding the Buffalo arounde all aftremo0n andi my hannnsd aer e finere. Ntor sure what youret talking ou abute , going nuommb, youe mustei be mistaken, thoswer barse aren't hat tall;k:eek:ut:

jeep4me

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....just cuz I'm a newby to the whole Windber thing doesn't mean I can easily be taken advantage of.:no:

Looking forward to meeting you to buddy. And a whole bunch of other members.:thumbsup:

jeep4me

That sure is a nice look for a trailsport Steve,But the long bars would look better on my Black Harley trailsport!
Thanks!!

Paul, I can get you a set of those bars for yours. But you'll also need a new throttle cable and brake cable. The bars are so tall that the original cables wouldn't reach there destinations:laugh: