Tri-Sport Skis

wjustice

Has anyone ever made their own ski for a Tri-Sport? Some large skis can be had for fairly cheap at used snowmobile part yards. I remember them being fairly long and wide. Are any pics available or does anyone have one for some basic measurements.

wjustice

Cool! When I had a Tri-Sport 30 some years ago, it came with a ski. I used it to get to work in a near blizzard. Worked fairly well. I do seem to remember it being very large. Maybe 3' and around 6" wide. There are some available for 10-15$ that I think will work well. I may give it a try.

Hey Gumpit, can you tell me the Hight(from the ski up) of the axial bracket on that montgomery wards ski?
Depending on the ski you are using or making the axle should sit at the same height as when the wheel is on. The red ski replaces the wheel. The Heald ski works with the wheel still on. Just measure from the ground up to the axle with your wheel on and you should be all set.

O.K. So when can we all come and play? Looks like you have enough room to host a get-2-gether.....:thumbsup: How do the horses react with the trike? My buddy has a horse farm but is afraid to ride his trikes there because of the horses. Do they even notice? Randy

wjustice

When I got the engine for my RTS, I also got the skis from the JD spitfire. They are not very wide but together they may make a good ski for the trikes.

O.K. So when can we all come and play? Looks like you have enough room to host a get-2-gether.....:thumbsup: How do the horses react with the trike? My buddy has a horse farm but is afraid to ride his trikes there because of the horses. Do they even notice? Randy
The horses are mrs wildman's domain. These are pretty calm... they don't seem to mind all my noise. If mrs wildman's horses restricted enjoyment of any of my toys, we'd have a serious problem. :laugh:

No Horseing around

The horses are mrs wildman's domain. These are pretty calm... they don't seem to mind all my noise. If mrs wildman's horses restricted enjoyment of any of my toys, we'd have a serious problem. :laugh:
You got is right make all the noise you can around the horses and they will ignore you.
I hate to be working in customers houses who say quiet please the baby is down for a nap. OK lady it's still over a dollar a minuet so we will just sit here in the clock and wait. The race track in Los Angeles is right in the glide path of the Airport and they don't have issues with too much sound.
Stand your ground :thumbsup:
Steve :scooter: