Trying to post Photos. Test

we can see it by the link but if you want it to show here, click on the "insert image" (the icon with a mountain on it when posting) then delete the "HTTP" and cut and paste in the box. :thumbsup:

markus

allright, those are pretty bad ass, I wanna know more! My Roadster2's in pieces, nothing to stop me from putting it back together like one of those:thumbsup:

That bottom one started out life as an Arctic Cat,didn't it?Sweet!:thumbsup:

Was a 1970 Prowler. The frame was a cast off at my shop. Someone had cut off the Saxonett mounts as well as the kickstand & footpegs. So I welded an engine plate and some pillow block mounts to it, and had a pretty good copy of a Climber frame. Added the suspension kit and shoe-horned the Tec HM80 into the frame, now it's more fun than a bag full of bobcats!

Wow, would my kawasaki 250 frontend fit like that onto my rupp? Or did you use a lot smaller bikes then that for the doner parts?

Kelly
Not sure about the Kaw-250. But I doubt it, unless you cut off the steering head and welded a bigger one on. Also, the 250 forks would probably be too long. Rupps have a lot of rake in the forks and they end up looking like choppers if the forks are too long. The ones in the top picture are pushing the limit for length. But they do ride and handle great, (as good as any modern high-end pit bike), even with my 200lb lard butt on them.

Last year, (2007) at Windber, some kids showed up with brand new 90-125cc pit bikes & the Black Widow ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The parts are all brand new aftermarket & custom machined pieces. I'd have to buy 3 bikes to get the right mix of parts for one suspension kit. So, I buy the pieces directly from the manufacturers.

Contact me if you want more info: mikesbikes@frontiernet.net

Good luck with your Rupp!

Mike

Last edited:
Holy :001_9898:Tom, I have a Saxonette frame! Now all I need is all the other stuff to turn it into one of those :doah:. All those add on parts look like it came off a 125 pit bike. Si? or No?

Holy :001_9898:Tom, I have a Saxonette frame! Now all I need is all the other stuff to turn it into one of those :doah:. All those add on parts look like it came off a 125 pit bike. Si? or No?
Most of those parts are after-market. Others, I machined. Yes they are pit bike parts. If you go the route of buying a used pit bike to source parts, be carefull, as there is a LOT of junk out there.

Contact me if you want more info.

mikesbikes@frontiernet.net