TS disc brakes

wjustice

I finally got time to work on the disc conversion on my big TS. Got the calipers mounted and added a skidplate to protect them. Now i gotta decide to either get it running again or strip it and paint.
uploadfromtaptalk1443732284606.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443732302275.jpg

Awesome, is that a MPC caliper? I have one too it works amazing. Great idea with that bracket. Is that dyechem on the bracket?
Or is that just paint? lol

wjustice

Yup all MCP/enginetics. My buddy had the idea and made them in his mill. So I'm not sure.
There isn't much room on this style frame. Had to mount the calipers underneath as they are not very small.

Well your mounting the brakes and making them able to float is the hard part. And I do agree Martin Products are the best out there I have had all kinds of brakes like Airheart , Kelsey Hayes and the Borg Warner and I would say having the stopping power of hydraulics will always be better than the basic band brakes that to many manufactures used even when they knew they would not work.
Steve

wjustice

Well on the TS the discs are right next to the axle bearings and without suspension shouldnt move very much. They are mounted similar to how my buddy mounts them on his micro sprint. I'm waiting on a starter for this ccw engine. Then I can do some rewire and run the brake lines. Its hard to track down info on these old engines. I actually got a bosch starter for a kohler engine that should fit this ccw290.

wjustice

Still waiting for decent weather to finish the brakes. But on a different note I got a seat pad for my RTS. Just need to get new foam for the bottom and new snaps in the body.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Excellent fab work! And the seat cover is awesome too. Do you have a link to where you got the seat cover? I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

Shawn