tuning help??

poppa

I did a bike for my grandson,and it has some hesitation,enough that it will die.It will idle fine and runs good but you have to nurse it to get it going. I made the exhaust(one point of my question) and the intake(another question). These were what I came up with just to get done. I was hoping that jumping up to 3/4 after the bend in the exhaust would help with flow.Carb is something that was laying around for God knows how long,and no,I don't know anything about it.Let me know what you think please.

I dont think that they would make enough difference to actually hurt it, theyd both flow better than stock,

Is that one of the lawnmower mikuni carbs, ive had issues with them once doing the same thing,

Also you may want to consider running an air cleaner =) most of them you can get the K&N style and the proper adaptor for under 20 bucks...

poppa

Jay,thanks for the reply. Yes,I am going to put an air cleaner on...gotta find something that fits. I think it is a mikuni,not sure where I got it or from what.

I got mine off of a toro Lawnmower, Its sitting in my toolbox, Its got alot of potential it just hates me

Measure the bolts center to center and ill see if i can find you an adapter =)

poppa

Thanks Jay. The one at NR doesn't give any dimensions,but you think it's the right one,correct?
Would you know off hand,is this the wire I need to hook up the kill switch?? See pic. Thanks,Joe...

The Nr one is for the Hondas and equivalent, meaning a clone, and your bolt pattern matches that of a clone
so yes it should work, when ya order it, if ya call them you could ask and double check, they're really good guys over there

I cant see the other side from the picture, but im pretty sure thats the kill switch wire,

to be sure you can strip the end and touch it to a ground (engine) and if it stops than it is, Just hook a kill switch up to it, and it should work.

Last edited: