Turbo Clone clip

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah he will need to tap the side cover and run a pulse hole. That should work great. The problem is that it's always a push and pull pulse. He will need a push only.

65ShelbyClone

Thank you sir, your second post was an amazing help. Don't know what I would have done without it. Packed full of valuable information.
It answered at least one of your questions before you even asked, but I will address them directly anyway:
1.) He wasn't getting oil to the turbo from anywhere; there was no oil line hooked up.
2.) The single cylinder Honda GX engines have no oil pump and instead rely on the oil splashing around like 99.99% of the other single-cylinder utility engines out there.

Last edited:

cxbra

First off, that engine isnt even turboed. The turbo IS hooked up to the exhaust but NOT hooked up to the intake tract (in this engines case, the carb). That means absolutely nothing.. I could spin a turbo using pressurised air, if the boost is going to the air then it means nothing.

Also that turbo is ENTIRELY too big spool on that engine. All turbo's spin at idle. His is showing positive vacuum, but I highly doubt this thing will boost. I know a lot about turbo's and he will need more exhaust vacuum to make positive BOOST. A Mitsubishi t-25 turbo is a little bigger than that, but it still needs i'd say.. 100hp to spool 1 psi (and will flow to about 250 hp maxed out at 15 psi). A t-28 turbo (about 325 max hp) will flow about 10 hp per psi, how would this thing take even 1 or 2 psi?

Also, how will his engine cope with the boost once it has kicked in (IF it did make boost)?? The intake charge would most likely be very cool, but if he didnt get fuel EXACTLY with the boost... BLAAAM in a split second.. Also, he would need a blow-by carb (that lets air be forced into it, rather than simply breath in air), unless he's going to convert to fuel injection also lol :hammer:. Fuel management would be the absolute hardest part in this build. Even if he did get it boosted, im sure the engine will be toast on the first run down the street.

Im not saying it cant happen, i've seen a tuboed gx620 (or some shit big!) but they put thousands into the thing just making sure it would run right.