Twisted Campus

no auto parts near buck?.most will order what you need if they don't have it

as far as your rims you don't have to strip them down,just scuff and repaint

Thanks Ogy for your input. Your knowledge of these bikes continues to be unmatched.

I am surprised you are offering input. Beins, I am basterdizing this.:laugh: I know a clone don't belong on this but, just for fun going to play around with it. Maybe someday I will find the correct engine, clutch cover, fenders, fork boots, and on and on and on.:doah:

I see in the pictures of the year of mine, the rims are silver. I sure had it in my head they were white. :hammer:
Mine turned out so good white, I can't see stripping them again to make them the correct silver. Arrrrrrrggggg....I should have looked at the bizzilion pictures I have saved.
:confused:
On the paint, I am just rattle canning it. I plan to use, if I can find it, a metalic or metal cast blue. I've seen what I want, there just isn't any in any store in town. :shrug: Duplicolor has the color I want to use. :thumbsup:
You're shit'n me, right? :confused:

Heck yes. Saves finger cramping.:laugh:

Man, ya'll are just bustin my chops. :eek:hmy:
Don't take no crap off 'em Buckeye, I've read right here, spray paint is good enough for a minibike, and almost as good as acrylic enamel or urethane. :laugh:

If you paint it pretty, everyone will assume it's a garage queen. Chrome it, and you'll be a Gold Chainer. :thumbsup:

If you do decide to spring $35 for an HVLP gun, don't forget to turn down the paint throw, and take a practice shot at a piece of cardboard found between the two tiers of a 30 pack.

Don't know much about that Campus, but if it warrants a quality coating, give it one. :scooter:

Tom like Yoop said just scuff the rims and shoot them silver :thumbsup: the white will make a nice base coat :thumbsup: and as far as rattle canning the frame, go for it :thumbsup: you can always strip it and do it right when you do the total restoration :thumbsup: Now how about some pics of what you have done so far :doah:

buckeye

I haven't done a correct resto on anything I own.
Why start now. :shrug:

Off to the big box stores, to see if they have any paint.:confused:

Good color choice Buck! I can't imagine anyone being able to tell the difference between your color and the original Fox color. Except maybe that Ogy guy...lol. If that was a rattle can job you did nice work. Ogy

buckeye

Good color choice Buck! I can't imagine anyone being able to tell the difference between your color and the original Fox color. Except maybe that Ogy guy...lol. If that was a rattle can job you did nice work. Ogy
Thank you master.:laugh:

Yes it is rattle can. I been looking for this paint all over. Finally found it at O'Reilly's. Last cans they had.
Thanks everyone for your compliments.

I had to stop. We have these things called love bugs. They only come out at this time of year. And they get on everything. So, finish painting another day.