"Twisted" Mini Bike Build

Ok so it seems to me that all the good old mini bikes are up north, so where are all the old southern mini's gone to ? :doah: Any way not having a lot of luck finding mini's around here unless its on Ebay. :eek:ut: So I've decided to build my own mini the way I wanted it , and so this is the start. Got the frame bent up today, :hammer: and the new Hemi head Predator is still in the box behind it. :smile: Frame is made out of 1" round tubing 11 gauge for strength.

Oh and twisted is what happened to my back as I was bending this frame , dang old age .

Last edited:
Thanks cheezy, yes it does have the ruttman lines..I really wanted it to look like a old school bike, but with a bigger frame, engine and a totally different front end. :wink: Oh and a little bit bigger tire/wheel combo. :biggrin:

T-Town Mini

I think there're lots of people that would like to build a mini-bike of their own design...I would love to do it.

Looks like you've got a great start in building a custom bike. :thumbsup:

Good luck...

Well the weekend has come and just about gone,:eek:hmy: but I did get a chance to work on the frame some. Engine plate is cut and mounted,:grind: two seat bars are installed and forks are mostly made but not cut to size or welded.

Oh yea did I mention thats its a little bigger than a mini.

About 36 degrees of rake.

Triple trees still need to be finished.

Last edited:
1" tubing

What is the wall thickness for 1" round tubing in 11 gauge?
Also, did you order it online or buy it locally?

thanks
Frankster

Tubing is 1.000 outside diameter, thickness is 0.110 .
I got this 1" tubing from my local welding shop. :wink:

Thanks buck. :smile:

Just got some new triple trees cut at my local welding/fab shop , made out of 3/16 steel plates. Robot plas cutter does a excellent job. :pimp:

6 1/2" inch center to center, 1" fork holes and 3/4" pivot hole.

Last edited: