Two go karts?

Can we stop the madness?

I'm going to look at this tonight, it's only $100 and has a 5HP briggs "I/C" engine (iron sleeve) (my fave) I think the engine was the kicker!

It fits adults and has live axle and band brake like the other!

OHHHHHHHH GAWD HELP ME! we will have to stack them now! ;D

i want a kart. my friend just picked up a 6hp Tec (old skool one for $50) and is going to do a kart if it won't fit in his Azusa frame.

the motor is pretty clean, he said it runs great. the guy even had tune up parts, a manual on tune ups, parts sheets and some other stuff for it.

Found a tag under the frame,,this one was made by "Nix engineering" in Nebraska. Can't find info. :doah: 6" Asuza rear wheels and like new tires , the front 5" wheels look old school. The thing has a HUGE 6"? band brake and I don't know where you'd find that size but the brake is in good cond.

The Briggs has old gas in it that has varnished.

The weird thing is the foot controls are are the end of each side of the frame but the steering is to the left. The fiberglass seat is too tight for my ass. :doah: I'll have to move the steering to make it comfy.

The guy wasn't into mini's and karts but said he had a mini so I took quicky look and told him he had a Bonanza that was kinda rare. He's going to train his little kids on it. :doah: Looked to have had a 3.5 tec on it but didn't have the stock wheels and fenders, the color was blue and looked like original paint . Took me awhile to figure the spring forks but I believe it's this one.

GTO : Your boy is going to wip your Butt LOL Now who is going to hold the movie camera.
Steve :scooter:
PS : You got a very good deal American Power Sports sells a 6 inch brake band

GTO : Your boy is going to wip your Butt LOL Now who is going to hold the movie camera.
Steve :scooter:
PS : You got a very good deal American Power Sports sells a 6 inch brake band
Thanks, I figure BMI might have a 6 " band too, that thing is huge! Today I plan to move the steering hillbilly style, STILL can't figure why it was to the left when it wasn't a two seater! The left leg is very cramped and it's wierd sitting off center. I hope to find a school seat/chair at a thrift store too. This will be a fun one to :hack: on and do what we want with.

delray

maybe frame was set up for left hand turn track only?is the seat to the left too?
my buddy pick up a old vintage go kart last summer and it had real roller bearings in the hubs you could take apart and grease. they where mounted on some real strong steel wheels:thumbsup: never seen anything like it before:eek:ut:

maybe frame was set up for left hand turn track only?is the seat to the left too?
my buddy pick up a old vintage go kart last summer and it had real roller bearings in the hubs you could take apart and grease. they where mounted on some real strong steel wheels:thumbsup: never seen anything like it before:eek:ut:
Could be it was a left turner but the left leg is awful cramped! I did some work on it today and it's in the project section. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/10665-project-go-kart-day-1-a.html#post69920

As for greased wheels, I think I have 5 or so bikes with them and I switch them over to sealed bearings because it's such a mess! The only two I'll leave is the Troopers, it's funny because those will drip grease out the sides after riding awhile.

Azusa kart wheel

I also have one mag wheel set up for real grease type bearings. i wonder if it came off a go kart?
That's a front wheel for early karts.....used tapered roller bearings....Bug and
Gokart used them in the 60s and probably a lot other manufacturers. Come
to think of it, all the early azusa wheels were that setup so probably were on
the early mini bikes also until they switched over to sealed roller bearings.