Two mini's saved from Junk yard

The one with the engine looks to be and good project bike. The frame was free. After some research the frame looks to be a RUPP by the foot pegs. Not sure about the one with the engine.

Last edited:
Nice find, But I do not think either are Rupp's, The one with out a engine looks like a Alexander Reynolds bike. The other bike with a engine I,m not sure, need a better picture.

The top picture looks like my old Cadet II (perhaps Alexander Renolds). I'm new to this site and I just posted my first comment looking for my old bike. (I think you found one just like it) Is there a front plate on it? It appears (like my old bike that) it used the sprocket as the disk for the brake (that mechanism mounts to that little plate in the left front of the rear tire)....cool find

The top bike has many, shade tree modifications, the handle bars are so wrong, the scrub brake is a joke. The seat hmm what was he thinking. That mini is gona take much work before its done. The other one is in the blaster and has lots of potential. Think we might go with a smaller engine, maybe 2 1/2 hp. Think 6.5 would be to much.

Last edited:
The top bike has many, shade tree modifications, the handle bars are so wrong, the scrub brake is a joke. The seat hmm what was he thinking. That mini is gona take much work before its done.
wow, just wow. what are the bars mounted on? a piece of sheet metal welded to the trees? and the scrub brake :blink:....am i looking at it right that you'd have to take your foot off the left peg and reach back to actuate it??:laugh:

The bike neck with two triangles welded to the forks:hammer:. scrub brake has brake paddles on both sides of the frame, and yes have to take foot of peg to reach back. Going to grind all of it off and start over. Or just sell it as is i call it Frankinstien Mini :eek:ut:

Blast done, off to powder coat. Might be school bus yellow not sure yet. I work on a High school fleet and we are sending bus rims to be powder coated. might be some extra powder.

Well :scooter: School Bus Yellow ? Am I :eek:ut:. LOL hey $20.00 powder coat job. Going to look good with gloss black hubs and Black seat. This is a very small Mini bike. What size engine should we put in it. Its gona be for kids.