Unknown Bike With Briggs

I have an unknown here. I have found nothing with a rear axle flange or center stand exactly like this bike. Can anyone identify this?

Thanks to All with Help on my Manco

Yes, It resembles a Bird. It's been difficult to ID this one. I feel it is a Clone. The Bird had a different rear axle flange and no factory center stands. There is a Round Red sticker under the paint on the fork front plate. Note the original seat with white piping. Again, not the usual Bird item.

It's a Bird. Just like the Foremost Big Blue sold a t Penneys.http://www.minidoodle.com/id352.htm Bird made some of the Foremosts like El Tigre, Big Blue, Golden Pinto.I have 5 Bird frames with that same rear wheel mount. That's one way to ID them easily. Here's the neck bracing on one too. Same as yours.
gbones nailed it.

Last edited:
That's the newer one, like '70 or '71 and later. I have one like that too.The yellow one I showed was the one before that. Before the ones like the yellow one was this kind. Pretty small pic, but I cropped it out of a whole bike. The frame shapes stayed the same, just the neck bracing changed.

gbones

so they had 3 diff neck braces. when did they stop making these frames? what about the #'s on the engine plate, is there a way to determine the year by the #'s?

They had 3 different kinds on these style frames. Before that they had a different frame style all the way around. I don't know how long they made them. Later they got into minicycles and they may have made both for a while. I don't know about the numbers. That's probably anyones guess. Where are your numbers? I never really looked for numbers on mine.