Upgrades

dvd0020

So I've decided to do some upgrades...

I recently sent my gx160 head (gx200 clone engine) in to AGK to get some work done. Getting the 28mn intake valve and seat. Getting some port work and milled as well. I figured I would go with the 26mm mikuni carb and fuel pump.

Got a couple questions after receiving my carb now...

How do I mount the carb to my head? I ordered the adapter for the mikuni with the pulse fitting and all, but there is no flange on the carb to fit to the adapter. Should I just cut the adapter in half and use a silicone hose to hold on the carb? This doesn't seem too secure to me. Also, where could I get a filter to fit this carb?

Sorry, never worked on anything other than the stock gx carbs until now. Thanks much!

JamnJM

So you have a spigot carb then? Cut the billet alum carb adapter and IMO get an angle hose to fit both cut adapter and the carb with clamps too.

Pulse fitting is only need if you are running a fuel pump.

dvd0020

Yup. Decided to face my fears and did exactly this. Used reinforced hose to mate the two parts. It is actually really secure and can hold the carb up just fine. I do in fact have a fuel pump, forgot to mention in my original post.

Anyone have a link where I can buy a filter to fit this carb?

Also, what are the 2 lines that came attached to the carb? Can I just remove these and toss them? Thanks again!

JamnJM

Post a photo of the carb up...sounds like you have a funky Mikuni carb like from a multi cylinder motorcycle?

Unless you are typing about the small side float vent hoses....1/8"

JamnJM

They are vent hoses....just let them be or buy longer hose and run them down under the mini bike.

I'm still waiting 3 weeks now for my AGK carb and header....:censure::no::shrug:

dvd0020

These are the hoses

Think I did a pretty good job. This hose is very thick and nylon reinforced. I can hold it by the flange and shake the crap out of it and it holds in place. What do you think?

dvd0020

Yea Dave said they are pretty busy with race season starting. I've been waiting over a month for my cam to be made. They haven't even started on it. I'm trying to be patient though. I know they will do a great job. Sent my head in about 3 weeks ago and still waiting on an update. In the mean time I am waiting on the frame from the local powder coaters. Getting a candy blue metallic. And accents will be a blackish gold metallic. Won't be able to put it all together until after my deployment though. Gonna be hard to wait for such an awesome project!