upper midwest events

is there any interest to get something going in the upper Midwest (mn, wisc, the Dakotas, iowa ? I would like to go to Windber someday, but can't do a thousand miles this year. would like to get a camping spot somewhere and also a ride going. maybe a town celebration we could be in the parade. there was a show, swap at Moose Lake Mn a few years ago. I know there is the Sysmco show in wisc, but heard it is up in the air now. if someone knows of something for 2016 let me know and I would sure help out. I go to vintage snowmobile shows, Waconia, Princeton, haydays, if a person could just find a spot. sure seems like there is a lot of minibike people up here.

thanks
Mike

is there any interest to get something going in the upper Midwest (mn, wisc, the Dakotas, iowa ? I would like to go to Windber someday, but can't do a thousand miles this year. would like to get a camping spot somewhere and also a ride going. maybe a town celebration we could be in the parade. there was a show, swap at Moose Lake Mn a few years ago. I know there is the Sysmco show in wisc, but heard it is up in the air now. if someone knows of something for 2016 let me know and I would sure help out. I go to vintage snowmobile shows, Waconia, Princeton, haydays, if a person could just find a spot. sure seems like there is a lot of minibike people up here.

thanks
Mike
Mike I was just thinking about this as well. I am willing to participate if we can get something organized. Maybe somebody will come in with an idea?

Thanks,
Chad

delray

well if you do a search on moose lake MN mini bike show, it does come up on facebook,but you need to log in to read it.
and i am not on facebook or will never be on facebook.........:laugh:
maybe someone here is and can see if this guy still puts something on there?

Hi Foxtrac Symco WI is the place to go.. like my FB page for more info or go to events on OldMiniBikes .then to Symco Aug 12-13 2016..thanks Chris Nelson

Hi pink panther. You can come to Symco Wi Aug12/ 13 , Midwest 608 mini bike drags on Sat 10:00 on the best 125 ft Clay track in the Midwest. Bring some mini bikes to drag or friends to help in the Pitts.. Contact me if u have ?????? Thanks Chris Nelson.

Ding Ding

I have considered hosting an event at my house in Ramsey. Plenty of land to park and show. Potentially even camp. Would like to do something whether it's host or attend.
-Mike

Guys,

Vintage mini bikes are going to be invited to the Vintage Kart race (VKA) at Brodhead Wisconsin (Sugar River Raceway)on July 7 & July 8 2016. The Mini Bikes will get 3, 20 minute on track sessions on Thursday and 2, 20 minute track sessions on Friday. This is a really nice paved kart track that has been in operation for over 50 years. Primary focus will be on a Vintage Go Kart Race but the Bike guys & gals will get track time, a dinner on Friday night, participate in a kart and mini bike show on Friday night and there is free beer, wine and cheese tasting at the event for $40. Safety gear will certainly be required. The owner of the track is Marshal Fairman. I am told there will be a flier out in the pretty near future. They are not planning Mini Bike races just on track time. Hope some of the White Knuckle Scramble group come out. You guys put on a great show.

delray

i believe someone already posted about sugar river having minibkes. it's all good to here about it again......:thumbsup: hopefully i can make it on friday for the show. i will bring one or two bikes....:thumbsup:

I have six acres in rural SD near Brookings....even if a few of us want to get together I would be cool with that. I have places to bring campers, 48x72 machine shed in case the weather goes south. Gravel driveway so no pavement here. I am not much of a forum person so I may stumble around a little bit with this format. I would also love to travel and I have a number of family members into minibiking as well. Between us we have over 20 rides(10 or so actually roadworthy at this time but that number is growing. I would welcome visitors anytime!!

i believe someone already posted about sugar river having minibkes. it's all good to here about it again......:thumbsup: hopefully i can make it on friday for the show. i will bring one or two bikes....:thumbsup:
I heard from someone involved with that event. They are allowing minibikes on the track for the first time, BUT only as an exhibition run. NO racing. Minibikes will also be allowed in the kart show.