US820 on mini!

Sprocket86

I have seen on this site people installing 2 stroke powerplants on their mini bikes. I would like to install a US 820 and a comet TAV on my Ruttman style mini, is this a crazy idea or is it possible?, I would like to use some sort of a 90 degree angle mount for the engine and to use the backplate from the tav as well, thanks for your inputs, it would go on this mini

zeeman

Is that why your picture is at 90 degrees? I guess anything is possible with the correct motor mount. I have seen Honda 50 engines and such on standard mini bike frames.

It's a great idea if you ask me. I'm a two stroke fan myself. Guy with the bulldog as his avatar has put one on his Taco. Forget his name on here but I'm sure he will chime in soon. Good luck.

Sprocket86

No, it was takin with my cell phone and sometimes it will show up like that:shrug: Would like to know what kinda power these produce and what they are like on a mini?

Sprocket86

It's a great idea if you ask me. I'm a two stroke fan myself. Guy with the bulldog as his avatar has put one on his Taco. Forget his name on here but I'm sure he will chime in soon. Good luck.
Hey thanks, There is a guy by the name "Dave" in california that the US motor power company refered to. After taking prices they are not cheap, but I really like two stroke engines and the fact that you never see them on mini's or gokarts that much anymore.

They are a blast to ride on a mini bike. I have 2 Arctic Screamers that came with the west bend 820. Very hard & dangerous to start because of the high compression, but worth it!!! You need to run a high performance clutch. mine have the salsbury 330.