USFS approved spark arrestor fro the RLV exhaust silencer?

Has any one come up with, or adapted a USFS approved spark arrestor for the RLV exhaust silencer? I have some ideas, but I thought I'd check first before I re-invent the wheel. I'm thinking of attempting to red or green sticker my minibike for legal off road use in California... I know, probably not gonna happen, but you never know.
Also, that RLV "silencer" if friggin LOUD. I'm thinking I might try to shove a small amount of super coarse steel wool up in there and see what happens. Probably burn it up in no time but hey, I'll be the guinea pig.

Thanks, JB

Nice! $223 is a bit much (for body and core kit), but it is an option.
I have an FMF screen type spark arrestor that I might try to adapt, but I'll either have to cut out some of the disks inside the RLV or make it work externally some how. Might take a trip to Pep Boys and check out their exhaust adapters.

Has any one come up with, or adapted a USFS approved spark arrestor for the RLV exhaust silencer? I have some ideas, but I thought I'd check first before I re-invent the wheel. I'm thinking of attempting to red or green sticker my minibike for legal off road use in California... I know, probably not gonna happen, but you never know.
Also, that RLV "silencer" if friggin LOUD. I'm thinking I might try to shove a small amount of super coarse steel wool up in there and see what happens. Probably burn it up in no time but hey, I'll be the guinea pig.

Thanks, JB
I shoved a course steel wool pad in mine, cuts down the db's slightly but burnt up the steel wool fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very cool. Looks like it was made for Minibike/Go-kart applications. Thanks for finding that.
I went ahead and got an adapter at Pep Boys. This is what I have so far:

So I got a message back from an ebay seller about another FMF spark arrestor. He said it's stamped USFS approved, and the larger diameter is just under 2" - The recessed end of the RLV silencer is ~ 1 15/16". I bought it ($26), and I'll report back if it's a good fit.
The adapter from Pep Boys was only $3, and I already had the spark arrestor in my last post, so either way I should have something to work with.

Try a stainless pot scrubber instead of steel wool.
Great idea. I'll try it if it's still too loud after adding the spark arrestor. Looks like the one in my post #9 reduces the outlet by about 1/2, might be enough. Maybe too much!? I don't want to rob too much of whatever power I gained with my rebuild.

I called it steel wool but this is what I stuffed in my rlv, more of a scrubber got it off a lunch lady at a school I service. It worked but will burn up and shoot out the exhaust. I switched to a hotdog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So apparently the spark arrestor I wanted is no longer available. The seller just posted that picture, but sent me a different one - I sent it back. I ended up going with my original idea. I welded the Pepboys adapter to my RLV silencer, painted it, and put in an FMF spark arrestor I had. It's pretty long and kinda fugly, but it works. Is there any reason I shouldn't shorten my header (by about 2-3"), so it doesn't stick out the rear of my minibike like a bazooka?

I have researched this topic extensively for an ohv permit in Oregon and Washington. The USFS stamped spark arrestor is a scam setup meant to allow police/rangers to ticket ANYONE they want. Commiefornia, Oregon and Washington all require a "USFS approved spark arrestor" but the bottom line is that the USFS has no means and has never had any means of actually approving anything...... PERIOD.

There are countless stories of people being ticketed for the ole spark arrestor gag when they couldn't ticket them for anything else. At the Oregon Dunefest last year I personally witnessed a lady on a brand new 2017 Honda Rincon 4x4 quad being ticketed for non approved spark arrestor..... I'm sorry, if HONDA cant put USFS approved spark arrestors on its 2017 utility quads then they simply do not exist. There is also a youtube vid of a guy getting a spark arrestor ticket while TEST DRIVING a brand new Polaris RZR that still belonged to Polaris.

Don't play their bs game..... just stamp USFS on whatever you've got or do like I do and just run from them. They'd have to shoot me to catch me...... and they ain't caught me yet.

Ha! I share your frustration, but I've elected to at least try to play the game. I already had the spark arrestor that I used, so it was just a matter of adapting it to the RLV. The 2 1/4" ID to 2" OD part was like $2-3 at Pepboys. I was also trying to quiet it down a bit, and it did (just a bit though).