Valve Float

I have a yerf dog with a heavily modified predator 212 (I have 18lb springs). I was riding it with throttle fully opened and the chain fell off and the engine revved high and stopped like it was hitting the rev limiter on a car. Is that valve float? I couldn't look at the rpm because my tach is very hard to look at but it sounded pretty high.

Oh I see thanks I just looked at some pictures of that - so I would probably need to get reinforced retainers and higher pound springs?

Kevin I don't under stand what your trying to figure out
Yes coil bind will effect at all rpm with to much lift but your cam has stock lift and a bit more duration I don't see any problems. Did it stop running? otherwise put the chain back on and ride
Try not to rev the motor to the point the valves float or get some 28lb springs. A uncontrolled valve is a BAD thing

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Yes it kept running fine and thanks - so yes maybe I should get some 28s would I need to upgrade the valve train (besides springs) at all? Rockers? Pushrods? Retainers??

Did your kart come with a tav?
I would use the jackshaft if it did
Spend the 100$ on gearing and chain you will get what your looking for TORQUE!
I would say 11:1-15:1 For a funkart

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Yea I would only need one more sproket for the jack shaft to do that because it came with one on there already, I'm not sure of how many teeth it has but I will count