Vintage briggs 3hp carb issues

I rebuilt this Briggs 3hp on my mini bike and it just runs off and on. I will mess with the adjustment screw endlessly but it only makes some difference. Sometimes it will fire right up and run well, other times it will fire up for a second, then shut right back off. Other times it will run but sputter and pop under throttle. It's been fully torn down, cleaned and rebuilt with a new coil and spark plug. The points are gapped correctly along with the coil. It has good spark which leads me to believe it's a fuel issue. I'm not sure of the exact air/fuel mix setting. Any ideas? It's very frustrating.

Just saw it leaking a little gas from under the spark plug while trying to start it. Is it my plug? I correct myself, it's not a new plug.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

buckeye

Basic settings.
1 1/2 turn out from just barely seated.
Then fine adjustments from there aprox 1/8th turn in or out to find the sweet spot.
Fly wheel key is good right?
Not a plugged gas cap?
Little crack in the plug or plug wire.
Which engine exactly and carb?:laugh:

Yes, fuel was creeping out under the plug. The gas cap actually isn't breathable at all. Flywheel key intact. I will try the cap and throw a new plug on then see.

Threw a new spark plug on it, adjusted the carburetor and put a good gas cap on it. She runs awesome now, thanks for the tips!!