Vintage Motorbike Club Portland Indiana Meet

Triley41395

It says June 28 - July 1 online. Do most of you pack it up on Friday. I had intended on going on Saturday to look around, not planning on bringing a bike. It's only an hour and a half drive for me but I don't really want to waste a day if it's over on Friday.

It says June 28 - July 1 online. Do most of you pack it up on Friday. I had intended on going on Saturday to look around, not planning on bringing a bike. It's only an hour and a half drive for me but I don't really want to waste a day if it's over on Friday.
Hate to say it, but most folks are splitting by Saturday.

The fairgrounds where the meet is held is run by the city and they allow early entry so many head over sometimes 3 or 4 days before the meet actually starts.

Wednesday and Thursday seem to be the best days IMHO but you never know what or who will show up at any given date or time.

The gate policies are really not to my personal liking but the meet is well worth attending.

See you there..... O.J.

This is just a personal view. If a meet which also features a swap-meet opens 5 days before the actual meet date it allows the earlybirds a better chance at finding a good spot to set up and it allows them more chances at the hard to find parts.

The one saving grace is that the meet is so big people are coming and going all week long so I guess in the end it all works out because you never know what might show up on any given day and there is never a shortage of space to set-up your swap-camp site.

Don't let me deter you from not attending.

O.J.