VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

Hounddog

Nice Caper and nice McCulloch! I have a set of Vintage NOS 3.40 x 3.00 x 5" Dual Indianhead Carlisle kart racing slicks you may be interested in. I may have a couple of 5" Magnesium Go-Power kart wheels too.

HD

This is the kart I had from age 12 to 18. This pic is when I first got it around 1984.
Not sure what it was but every part on it said Margay.

Here we go again

I originally joined this forum for information on the minibike I bought. I wanted to gather some thoughts on what I was planning. After reading this thread about the vintage race karts I now have another project to deal with. In the attic of my garage I have an early 60's Simplex Challenger Go Kart that I bought 25 years ago from a kid for $25. It is a complete kart minus the duel motors and is in fantastic shape. I remember when I got it I was amazed at the rear drum brake set up and throttle linkage for the twin engines. Now after reading this I'm going to get it down and clean it up. If there are any members that know about these karts I would really appreciate your knowledge. I will post some pics once I get it down and cleaned up.

Lightningz....we out west don't see many Simplex karts available for purchase....but they are way cool karts and well worth putting the effort into to get back running as an era survivor or a restoration.....The best of luck to you and your project. Frank Davis