Wanna see my woodie?

oldsledz

This wooden Go Cart has been sitting out by the road for sale for a couple months along with a 3 wheeler made out of a baja heat bike.
I stopped by a while back but didn't want to pay the price he wanted, I stopped in today and made a offer that was accepted. Did someone post a photo of one a year or so ago? It looks like it may be a kit with plans ti build it your self. It says Marx Toys on the steering wheel. I don't know if they were made to use a engine or if that was someone else's idea. I cleaned the points and put some fresh gas in it and it fired right up.
It has a 2HP Briggs it needs something bigger. Anyone have any info on them?

Last edited:
Are those screen door returns on the back sides and next to the wooden brake lever. It look to be a old soap box derby car converted to go cart. Someones father and son project from a long time ago. Anyways it has creative engineering put in to it.

markus

very cool, that reminds me of something my friends had when we were little kids in the mid 70's It was very similar to that except no motor. I can remember it had a large enough area on it that we could stuff like 4 (malnutrition-ed skinny white trash) kids onto it and push power it around the neighborhood. One in the driver seat, one right behind and 3 off to each side providing the power. It was rickety little thing, details are fuzzy as I was probably about 6 at the time and could not read yet, so I would not be able to tell you what it said it there were markings on it :smile:

I bought and resold a "Marx toys" friction toy in recently though, it was from the the 50's I believe, I never really did much research on the company.

thats a great road you have there. If i lived on a straight away like that id build some kind of belly tank land speed car. See how fast i could get a stock briggs 5hp to go :)

Had one of those units back in the 60's had brackets for spindles and rear axle made out of fabed steel that bolted to 2x4 lumber with 1/4 bolts and nuts had hand operated slip clutch worked good don't know made the kit though