*WANTED* Montgomery Wards 323 Frame or Roller

Addicted 2 Minis

Just like the title says, I'm looking for a "Monkey" Wards 323 frame or roller like the red one in the upper right of the attached advertisement. I love these old store brand bikes, the smaller the better!. I would like to start with something good but PM me with what you have, your idea of junk may be my idea of a good start.

-A2M

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 12.36.27 PM.png

Not sure if that style frame ever made it into production, seen a lot of Gilsons over the years but never one of those in the wild.

Addicted 2 Minis

Not sure if that style frame ever made it into production, seen a lot of Gilsons over the years but never one of those in the wild.
It may not have?, I was looking at some of the old MW Gilson bikes and seen this ad and was like "I want one of those!" but I've never seen one.

Addicted 2 Minis

Wouldn't the 323 frame be the same as the 525 frame just a difrent color and decal and less options like fenders?
It appears they all share the same frame less springer forks and the likes. I don't know if they were ever produced, a buddy of mine has the MW 525 and I was looking to see what other bikes MW had and I saw this ad. It'd be a bummer if they didn't, I think that little 323 would've been a big hit.

-A2M

I've got a 525 that looks im almost positive looks just like that lil 323 other then my 525 has a head light. And some of the extra bells and whistles. The gas tanks on the rear end behind the seat that's why there's that shelf looking thing behind the seat has the same wheels and tires as in the pics same decal on the front end. Ill do some looking online and see if i can find Any thing noticeably difrent.

I've got a 525 that looks im almost positive looks just like that lil 323 other then my 525 has a head light. And some of the extra bells and whistles. The gas tanks on the rear end behind the seat that's why there's that shelf looking thing behind the seat has the same wheels and tires as in the pics same decal on the front end. Ill do some looking online and see if i can find Any thing noticeably difrent.
How about the lack of a swingarm?

The 323 does exist in the wild. It would appear that these models all share the same frame. The 323 does have a swing arm but it is rendered stationary with the use of the struts instead of shock. Quite fascinating design really. As was mentioned above built by Gilson. I’m looking for an original seat to use as a pattern for a reproduction or simply good photos of a 323 showing the seat.
043B4C71-F6C1-4C50-AC73-9FE5BD22CB54.jpeg 4958600A-DB60-4379-A234-BBEDE7752990.jpeg

Attachments