Wanted- Rear wheel for Bird Nighthawk

Need rear wheel for Bird Nighthawk and info on what motor originally came with them. I think it was a Techumseh, but I'm not sure what Hp. Thanks, Loosebolts Wa.

Info on engine, etc.

Need rear wheel for Bird Nighthawk and info on what motor originally came with them. I think it was a Techumseh, but I'm not sure what Hp. Thanks, Loosebolts Wa.
There was a Nighthawk on ebay that had the parts you needed. The original engine was a Tecumseh H35. The rear sprocket was a 80 tooth that bolted to the rear wheel hub. If you go with any engine larger than 3.5 hp, consider a 72 tooth or smaller. The angled motor mount makes fitting a larger engine difficult and the exhaust is a bear. You can see how tight it was getting in this photo (my original wheels were beyond repair)

Attachments

Thanks for the reply, and the info. The nighthawk that I have came off e-bay. It came less rear wheel, seat, and motor. I just did a bird wren, when I seen this one, and couldn't resist bidding on it. If I can't locate a original rear wheel, it looks like I will have to update to something else in a 10" rim. If you have any ideas what would look good let me know, Thanks again, Gary

CarPlayLB

Loosebolts,
Although they are not the correct wheels on the bike in the pic, I have one of those wheels you can have for the cost of postage. At least you will have a starting point! Send me a PM if you are interested.
My NightHawk came with a slanted Hs40

WrenchDad

Mine has original tires, wheels and Hs40 Techumseh, ( mine is a Thunderbird, The Night Hawk had the high rise bar's)
Some one on this site had front and back wheels listed before, but I cant find the ad. They might be gone by now anyway.

Last edited: