wanted round cyc gad tank

i dont cut up my porfane tanks i refill them , got a 20lb tank with a adapter on it . cheaper way to use the torch :thumbsup: that and a great way to use up that 20 lb'er the packing nut leaks when open :censure:

the tanks are made out of some heavy duty hydro filter shells ,with a tin lining in them . about the same way you did yours but with the seam reinforced on the inside and tinned to stop them from rusting . with a 1/8 pipe bung soldered to the bottom for the pet cock .

So what did you do use a strip inside to form an internal band along the lines of what I did?

Thats a primo tank ver impressive work and I like the tine lining. I need to look for something like that in a 5 inch diameter filter.

So what did you do use a strip inside to form an internal band along the lines of what I did?

Thats a primo tank ver impressive work and I like the tine lining. I need to look for something like that in a 5 inch diameter filter.
there is a ring about .035 thick that is press/ hammer fit under the seam . so what i do is cut the length of the shell and tin them with the torch and 95/5 solder. then cut a band to be a real tight fit in the shell.1 inch wide tin that inside and out . hammer it in a 1/2 inch solder it.drill and fit the filler neck and pet cock bung then fit other side of the shell and solder the seam shut . they take me about 3 days to make from start to finish . it looks and sounds easy and kinda is but it really eats time up to make them .
i have some ideas for a fancier setup with a gas gauge built in . but that would not be easy to make .i mite make one with a gauge :shrug: just to see if i can make it work .