War

No....it is just human nature. Look on here....theres always gotta be better or rarer or gotta have what someone else has. Just sayin...:blink:

Then what exactly would I do will all my bullets and guns?

And I don't want anything Cheezy has, antibiotics won't cure that I don't think!

fistfullabar

"When the cost of living keeps a man on his knees"THE JIMMY CASTOR BUNCH "WHEN" the rawest song you never heard rock ya funkin socks OFF:eek:

And, regardless of what the future holds, try to be the best, kindest and most loving person you can be, and remember the words of someone who had it so much harder than anyone on this board.

"In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death."

Anne Frank

45t

Politics and religion are the causes of most all wars. If you can keep those elements out of it, you can have some peace for awhile.

Unfotunately some people live for war...specifically a lot of people in the middle east and Asia. If not for that we would probably be past all that.

It's just human nature. There will always, ALWAYS be conflict.

A short period of time in war, brings decades of peace. WW1 & WW2 really kicked the U.S. into haulin'-ass-gettin'-paid economy mode, and made us even more industrious than we could ever have been.

BS. Human nature my ass. Almost every single one of us can make it through adult-hood and never be involved in a fight. Not including the ones we do for our nations.

If individuals can muster up the courage to resolve conflict, why can't entire nations?

Answer: Because nations get their young men and women to do it FOR them, and usually do it over financial, or ethnic purposes.

One of my favorite quotes from Smedley D. Butler, a fellow Marine, and a true war hero:

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”

fistfullabar

BS. Human nature my ass. Almost every single one of us can make it through adult-hood and never be involved in a fight. Not including the ones we do for our nations.

If individuals can muster up the courage to resolve conflict, why can't entire nations?

Answer: Because nations get their young men and women to do it FOR them, and usually do it over financial, or ethnic purposes.

One of my favorite quotes from Smedley D. Butler, a fellow Marine, and a true war hero:

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
Good one dave real history instead of romantic nonsense women kids and old people are the majority of those killed there is nothing good about WAR no matter how well we did in the "50s"

Good one dave real history instead of romantic nonsense women kids and old people are the majority of those killed there is nothing good about WAR no matter how well we did in the "50s"
Thanks. We did terribly in the 50's. 36,516 US soldiers DEAD, with dead and wounded totaling 128,650 as a "proxy" war with the Communist nations of the USSR and China.

End result: An imaginary line demarking forms of Government that have never affected the United States. One of those "nations" now doesn't even exist, and the other one has slid so far over to Capitalism, it can hardly be counted as "Communist."

Vietnam yielded even more casualties, and look where we are with that today.

War is BS.