Wards Trail Bike Brake Band Lining Question

With the help of some members I was able to revive the wards trail bike. She sure scoots! However the brake band lining is gone and I'm wondering what is out there to reline the brake band? Thanks. 29570765_955811017920008_5376277095547730661_n.jpg

Do an internet search for brake shoe repair or re-lining in your area!! I had a couple Skat Kitty brake shoes re-lined a few years back!!! It was scary sending my parts away but they came back brand new!! Think it cost about fifty bucks total with me paying for shipping both ways!!

Brake lining is available in various widths and sold by the foot by several Ebay sellers. Easily trimmed with an angle grinder, you glue it to the prepared (cleaned and scuffed) brake band with slow setting JB Weld and clamps. Good for almost 500F. I've repaired a couple of Powells like that.

P10.JPG

P11.JPG

delray

i see your close to madison area. in the past grainger used to sell that stuff. might want to call them if you don't want to deal with the internet. but sometimes it's less inexpensive with the internet too?
goodluck project.