WB 580 Air Filter

Whats the number on that Tillotson Nate ? You can get all kinds of good stuff for a Tilly.
I looked around with out much luck Eric, maybe some one can point me in the right direction. I found these numbers HL132F524 This is the engine I want to run in that Frijole style frame. Once I figure out the air filter I can make sure it will fit in my design :thumbsup:

Any help will be appreciated, Nate

Thanks for all the links, I like the cup but I feel the filter is to long at 5"

I seen the chrome one, It might work but wish the diameter was a little smaller.

I already ordered a lightening bolt exhaust :thumbsup:

This is what I used on my Frijole.

54mm Velocity Stack Carb Carburetor Air Filter | eBay

Cheap AF system.
I like the look but wondered if the front tire will shoot water and debris into it...

I guess I'm being difficult :shrug:

markus

the carb spacing is the same as a typical tecumseh/clinton carbs if that helps any. Rock guards are kinda cool lookin' and you could make one pretty easy with some AL sheet and some AL tubing to space it off the carb

Heres my REED rock guard:

the carb spacing is the same as a typical tecumseh/clinton carbs if that helps any. Rock guards are kinda cool lookin' and you could make one pretty easy with some AL sheet and some AL tubing to space it off the carb

Heres my REED rock guard:
Hey Markus, is there any kind of element behind that? Do you have the measurements of the Tecumseh housings, diameter and length? Thanks, Nate

markus

Hey Markus, is there any kind of element behind that? Do you have the measurements of the Tecumseh housings, diameter and length? Thanks, Nate
the rock guards are just open behind them, spaced out a bit so the air can draw in. Tec air cleaners typical for mini bikes were 2 3/4-3" long overall and about the same overall width wise in both the round and oval styles. They look a bit large on a WB the ovals not so bad and have a vintage look, but they do pull air from the front,

I dunno how good a paper element would be in the application, it will probably saturate the element quickly, thats why the period correct ones are stone or metal weave a lot of times on those, things of the past that got replaced with the foam style (oval tec air cleaners do use foam).

you could cut an oval cleaner down, if its like the one I have and the cover is dimpled in then it just has holes drilled in the body for them to sit in to hold it. So you could knock it down a bit drill the holes for the detents and cut the open cell foam element shorter (note my ruler measures a 1/4" short!)

If you are handy you could make the metal weave element type if you can come up with the base and hat maybe off something else. some perforated metal (like your pull start air intake screen) on the inside and then tightly wrap the element around it. I found the metal weave filter material at the hardware store, it was an air filter for a window shaker a/c unit I use it for my Briggs velocity stacks:

Maybe a little hot rod air cleaner could be used for the bases :shrug: and come up with something like the one on my WB700:

I have this Mahle filter and assembly that came off of a 580. Hole spacing is 1 3/8. Polishes up nice, and I'm pretty sure it can mount up or down. Filter element is removable. $50 shipped. PayPal gift or fees.

Had it on a kart once upon a time when it was painted black.

the rock guards are just open behind them, spaced out a bit so the air can draw in. Tec air cleaners typical for mini bikes were 2 3/4-3" long overall and about the same overall width wise in both the round and oval styles. They look a bit large on a WB the ovals not so bad and have a vintage look, but they do pull air from the front,

I dunno how good a paper element would be in the application, it will probably saturate the element quickly, thats why the period correct ones are stone or metal weave a lot of times on those, things of the past that got replaced with the foam style (oval tec air cleaners do use foam).

you could cut an oval cleaner down, if its like the one I have and the cover is dimpled in then it just has holes drilled in the body for them to sit in to hold it. So you could knock it down a bit drill the holes for the detents and cut the open cell foam element shorter (note my ruler measures a 1/4" short!)

If you are handy you could make the metal weave element type if you can come up with the base and hat maybe off something else. some perforated metal (like your pull start air intake screen) on the inside and then tightly wrap the element around it. I found the metal weave filter material at the hardware store, it was an air filter for a window shaker a/c unit I use it for my Briggs velocity stacks:

Maybe a little hot rod air cleaner could be used for the bases :shrug: and come up with something like the one on my WB700:
Thanks for the ideas, I'm gonna grab that one from Havasu Dave. If I don't like it I'll look for one like in your last pic. Thanks, Nate

I ordered one of these today. Hope it works well with the exhaust, I think it may cover a portion of it. I just wanted a full clutch cover since this engine will be used on a bike for my kids :wink:

$_97.JPG

Dang Nate...you must have cracked open the piggy bank ! Nice Stuff !!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Eric, PayPal is all dried up and I had to send a money order so the seller gave me a discount. Now I do have to save/sell so I can buy a clutch. I wanted to get all the major pieces together so I can finalize the frame measurements so the frame builder can put me on his to do list :anon.sml: