We Are Dying Over Here.........

Well for the past month it has been over 100 degrees here in Texas. Yesterday, while on the way home from work my car reading was 111 degrees. Whats the weather been like in your area? Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

DFW! It's smoking here bro. Just breathing this crap in is havardous. It must be heaven to live in San Francisco. Seems like it's always in the 80's out that way. I normally take my rides at night but it was still in the mid 90's and hot as hell.:censure:

vette66_00

Its weird this year we have not been into the 100's much. This week is going to be crazy temps though. Yesterday 94 Today 107 Weds 109 Thrus 105 Fri 98 Sat 86 Sun 84 what the heck is the 20 deg change all about? Also 30+ deg day differentials from Day to Night..

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been Hot here in Michigan. Only in the high 70s. I'm glad it don't get that Hot here. My Girlfriend one day told me one time when she was here, she said, Ez, "If You can't stand the Heat, get out of the Kitchen". So I told her, good, get the :censure: out of my Apartment. :lol::lol: lol. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Man we had mid 80's all last week it was nice.. Then this week we cracking 103 100 101.. I'm in central Cali.

I think it's natures way of saying "BURN!!! Summer aint over :censure:" :doah:

I'm watching the news now and It looks like a cold front is moving in.
Yeah it rained here in OKC today but yesterday it was 103` and the heat index was 110` very hard to get anything done outside and forget riding unless you like the feeling of being in a convection oven, I'm looking forward to fallwinter. We now have two seasons which are springsummer and fallwinter, it springs right into summer and falls right into winter and it sucks! I miss spring and fall!

Its been a hot summer here in Ct. We have had 3 heat waves and could have anouther one next week. Heat wave here = 3 days of 90 or higher and we have had 28 days of that sofar this year, the record is 38. 90 isnt so bad but the humidity is awful just step outside and your soaked, not bad right now 72 and cloudy

DMR

Houston, Texas

Marching Band practice on blacktop

114 air temp due to still air and rising heat from blacktop

90% humidity

= Heat index of 125+

..............................:drinkup:

TomH

Heat wave broke yesterday. In the high 80's low 90's for highs and down in the high 60's in the morning hours. Whew, hope we are done.

DMR

All i have to say is welcome to the Club.
Its nothing new to us Texans, whats really bad is that it gets as hot here as is does over there but along with the heat we have 85% humidity, the sweat cannot evaporate off of your skin because the air is already saturated with moisture, therefore your body fails to rid of building heat.

Failure to rid of heat can = Overheating, Heat Stroke, Muscle damage, and possibly brain damage................ I dont like Texas summers.

i know about texas summers, i spent my summer vacations growing up in texas. texas city. hot and humid. then i moved there in '05 and worked outside on boats. id be outside about 20-30 minutes then go into the office to the nice AC for about 15 min to cool off. my bosses encouraged me to take a break any time i needed 1. then the AC in my truck went bye bye, so i had a nice 30 min drive home with no AC. that really sucked, but i also went thru a winter with no heater in my '91 s10 blazer. and in my 1st apt i spent most of a winter with out heat, slept with my coat on, those days i dont miss. so i know what its like to freeze your :asshole: off and sweat your :asshole: off. i feel all you fellow texas mini bikers pain.

i worked on nasa road 1 in seabrook tx, rite down the road from the johnson space center "houston we have a problem" , behind the seabrook cafe if any1 knows where that is?:shrug: