We went kind of low key on the tree this year...

Same tree and same ornaments for the past 25 years...like Buckey's tree every ornament has a story behind it. Some of the ornaments are 50, 60, 70 years old and belonged to other family memebers when they were a child.

The "picture" above the fireplace is actually a 1940's store display out of an old department store as are the two soldiers. It's pretty neat in that it's motorized and all the characters are animated...one elf sews a doll....one paints a drum....one oils a wheel as he spins it...one hammers the sleigh together...and Santa rocks back and forth nodding his head in approval as the jack-in-the box pops up and down...

Merry Christmas all......

Last edited:
When Christmas is over, it will just go back on the top shelf of the closet, lights and all. :thumbsup:
I always said I wish I had a special closet where I could just wheel the complete tree into it until the next year. Puttting up the tree and putting on the ornaments is kinda fun....but I HATE stringing those damn lights..:doah:

Here is ours :thumbsup: No presents under it even now on Christmas morning, worried the puppy will tear them up :doah: And Harley would just lay there in front of the couch and bark at him :eek:ut:

here's our tree. this is our first christmas in our new house and the first time we were able to make use of a 9ft tree. Maybe theres a better camera located in the flood of presents somewhere. :detective:. Hope everyone has a great christmas. :thumbsup:

we always to the coffee table setup. its just the top of a fake tree. fully decorated gets stashed in the basement when its not in use. sometimes we use slot cars instead of trains :thumbsup: