Well 8-ball did it sell?

Just wondering Kenny, did you sell your super bronc? If you did, did you get a good price? I am pondering putting those darned pink bikes on E-bay, but I don't want to if it's a waste of time!
dave

kbs8ball

first off I dont have a super bronc...it was a heathkit boonie bike. It got up to 306:lol: didnt meet my reserve...did I read somewhere that you wanted 700 for the pink bike? if so thatll never happen on ebay...my boonie is super clean and well worth my 575 reserve so to all the ebayers:thefinger:

8-ball, Sorry about the mix-up on bikes, I remembered looking at it and was going to watch it on e-bay but got busy doing something else, that truely is a nice bike, and well worth the $575.00 you want for it! To level with you yea I want $750.00, per Pink bike, made a mistake on the color but, I can repaint them if they don't sell, and I'm going to keep the price high, and true that does scare off a potencial buyer!!!, and the sad part about it is I don't care cause I don't really want to sell any of my precious little rebuilt creations.
dave

Oh the China bike in the back ground? strange thing you said something!!! POS !! china bike, the day I put my other bikes in the side yard to catch some sun, they all were complaining they were getting pale from being in the basement so long, lol. anyway don't you know that bike rode by with a rider on it of coarse, and the rider saw my collection out there in the grass, so he came over to see what was up, I guess he thinks I know what I'm doing cause he left the bike with me to evaluate for engine replacement, He really liked the way the pink bike performed, as it popped a wheelie with his friend on it, but he was a more experienced rider and was able to control the bike better, it wants to "rare up" at, like, 20 mph with just a slight twist of the grip, which really impressed him after riding the china bike, I was thinking about sneaking a honda 9 that I traded one of those special cigars for, I think it will fit!!! there's some other stuff wrong with the thing to that he wanted me to see if I could fix, ie lights brakes, tires, Oh and guess what those chinamen did also that kind of blew me away, the gas tank ain't really like the one that's there, it is actually a plastic shell, that goes around one of those plastic tanks, that looks like it came off a riding mower,lol, TSASOB's, YEAH I Think I'd be real mad if I ordered this thing and paid like $200.00 for it, and when I got it home I figured out what I'd bought, and that chain, talk about chain streatch, I didn't even know they made that size, looks like something that should be on a gate opener or something.
dave

OH, I don't think so!!!! toys is toys and then there's Toyz!!! The toys are the little bikes with the little motors, Those 2 pink mini's are 2 little "HELL DEAMON's", disquised as someone's sister's minibike. Anyone who rides them, are amazed at the way they perform, they're ready for the next step, and that is for the true person that really wants these bikes and are looking to, maybe mod the motor or just leave it the way it is, the parts alone is up to somewhere close to $450.00, including the frame, no I don't expect I'll get $750.00 exactly, but as my old friend " COWBOY" used to say, "Dave, you can always come down, but you can never go up!" Now he wasn't talking about going to heaven, cause he led a "shady life", but in his words of wisdom I find the reasoning in his statement, Say someone offers me something close to what I want, Then I'll get what i want, or close, but by setting the price so high that only a "rich brat" is about the only one who can afford it, or appreciate it, keeps said bike in my basement for me to look at, and that's the way I like it!, but alass 7 benjamin's and 1 grant, then my efforts are appreciated, which makes me feel great and I'd have to let one go, so there ain't no crack smokin here, cause I ain't feenin', and I ain't about to let one of my bikes go that freakin' cheap!!!!
dave

OH, I don't think so!!!! toys is toys and then there's Toyz!!! The toys are the little bikes with the little motors, Those 2 pink mini's are 2 little "HELL DEAMON's", disquised as someone's sister's minibike. Anyone who rides them, are amazed at the way they perform, they're ready for the next step, and that is for the true person that really wants these bikes and are looking to, maybe mod the motor or just leave it the way it is, the parts alone is up to somewhere close to $450.00, including the frame, no I don't expect I'll get $750.00 exactly, but as my old friend " COWBOY" used to say, "Dave, you can always come down, but you can never go up!" Now he wasn't talking about going to heaven, cause he led a "shady life", but in his words of wisdom I find the reasoning in his statement, Say someone offers me something close to what I want, Then I'll get what i want, or close, but by setting the price so high that only a "rich brat" is about the only one who can afford it, or appreciate it, keeps said bike in my basement for me to look at, and that's the way I like it!, but alass 7 benjamin's and 1 grant, then my efforts are appreciated, which makes me feel great and I'd have to let one go, so there ain't no crack smokin here, cause I ain't feenin', and I ain't about to let one of my bikes go that freakin' cheap!!!!
dave
Dave,

I applaud your convictions but somthing just don't add up? I know that my 60's Manco Streaker may not be as cool of a bike, but I am getting the frame blasted and repainted by a pro, plus he is making me a custom seat to match the paint. I will still only have 300.00 into it, so how could you have 450.00 in parts, are they Gold Plated or did I miss somthing. I know if I sale my bike when it is done I will be just happy to get my money back out of it.

Just a little confused about the true values and individual perseption of values by some bike owners.

Kelly

Dave,

I applaud your convictions but somthing just don't add up? I know that my 60's Manco Streaker may not be as cool of a bike, but I am getting the frame blasted and repainted by a pro, plus he is making me a custom seat to match the paint. I will still only have 300.00 into it, so how could you have 450.00 in parts, are they Gold Plated or did I miss somthing. I know if I sale my bike when it is done I will be just happy to get my money back out of it.

Just a little confused about the true values and individual perseption of values by some bike owners.

Kelly

The frame- $100
the motor- $128 + fr8
the clutch- $30
the wheels- $44
thesprocket-$15
the chain -$20
twist grip -$20
Brake handle-$12
Brake cable -$12
Brake calipar-$20
total -$403--- Ok so it's not $450.00 exactly, but close, that's not including my time, or paint.
As I said, I know the price is high, I don't care, if you want to buy it cough up the cash, other wise I'll be content to see my mini's on line in the basement, they really look nice there, and nobody bothers them, nobody get's them dirty, and I enjoy looking at them!!! I don't care to sell them, think I made a mistake selling my trike, I miss it badly, got a freezer sitting where it once stood on it's rear tires, would rather have the trike!
dave

I guess I could see it costing that much, if you buy it one piece at a time like you broke it down, for them prices I would ride the hell out of them then sell them after you got your funs worth.

Kelly

first off I dont have a super bronc...it was a heathkit boonie bike. It got up to 306:lol: didnt meet my reserve...did I read somewhere that you wanted 700 for the pink bike? if so thatll never happen on ebay...my boonie is super clean and well worth my 575 reserve so to all the ebayers:thefinger:
Clean maybe but nothing is original to that bike. Non original bikes don't bring much on eBay or anywhere.

kbs8ball

WOW no original wheels or motor...everything else is original. pppffftttt the way I did it its better than original:thefinger: I was riding it around all day today at mid ohio...it runs sweet..Im just gonna keep it.