Well here it is

45t

There's parts on there that do not belong, like the chrome kill switch plate, front fender (notice no rear fender) and the jack shaft/TC unit. Please take them off the bike and send them to me. I'll compare them to my 400TS and if they are not correct parts for your bike, I'll dispose of them for you.

I'll be waiting for the parts to arrive.......:drool:

Just kidding, cool bike and a great project. You can even see the original color blue on the engine plate. :thumbsup:

Just so you know the rear spring, front springs and lower part of your front forks are chrome. Mine were painted too when I got it and the paint scraped off really easily. And no, I didn't scratch up the chrome when I scrapped the paint off. The chrome is pretty tough under the paint.

Last edited:
I believe its a 72' r 4003 with the wrong front end ..Check the frame where the jackshaft mounts to it. The TS dont have such a large bracket welded to it. I found numbers on the frame that start with 72 and end in 72. . Does anyone know what this means?

It is a Cat Muskin for sure looks like a 400 js model from the 1972 brochure. and it was sold thru a department store and that is why the sticker looks the way it does instead of the Logo.

Attachments