Well I have finally assembled all the parts we need......

With the help of some members of this forum and a lot of internet research, I have finally purchased a Gilson/Wards XE 525 core, a couple of Gilson parts bikes, and assembled (I think) all of the parts needed to restore it. I had a new one when I was a kid so I am trying to create a faithful clone of my bike. Thanks to all of you who have helped. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Attachments

capguncowboy

are you not rechroming the shocks?

Also, if you need a taillight, let me know. I've got one here that's about as close to mint as I've ever seen. The bike looks like it'll be a beauty! Where did you find that exhaust pipe? Took me ages to find mine and it's not nearly that nice.

are you not rechroming the shocks?

Also, if you need a taillight, let me know. I've got one here that's about as close to mint as I've ever seen. The bike looks like it'll be a beauty! Where did you find that exhaust pipe? Took me ages to find mine and it's not nearly that nice.
I was fortunate enough to find NOS shocks and an NOS taillight. As hard as it is to believe, the exhaust parts were all present on the bike. I remember constantly having to tighten that exhaust system on my original bike and that was when it was a month old! I think most of them just fell off and were discarded. I feel very fortunate to have this one.