Well, Just got home with it, Here's some pix

I posted earlier about what this was but had a bad picture. Just got home with it and thought I'd share some pics. Nice small frame with folding pegs, Even has the kickstand. Looks like original paint. (Dark blue) Nothing bent and the neck bushings are even nice & tight. Got it for $50.00 - I am going to run some small wheels on it and probably a 3.5 Honda. (I like Hondas) Have a 5hp on my Bonanza and a 3.5 on my Lil' Indian
This will work great for my daughter. Should only cost about $400.00 to get it going. LOL

Are you still thinking Ruttman after seeing the other pictures? What size wheels would have came on this thing? Any idea what model it is?
LK

bandit 40

Most defiantly a 6 " wheel ruttman but you can use 4" wheels, nice find....... sandblast her up primer and paint:smile: , that is a great mini for a small kid....

Any way to tell what model Ruttman this is? the Wild Goose looks similat to the Ugly, Ect. is there something you can measure on the frame to find out?

LK

bandit 40

Really kinda hard unless you have the ID tag on the engine plate, I know that there are the long frame ruttmans and the short, You measure from the neck back to the bend in the top of the frame, that will determine how long the seat is, because they had the short frames which used the small seat I think 19" and the long frame used the 21" seat, someone will correct me if that is wrong:smile:. And if you install a 6" tire and rim on the front and it hits the fender or sets right against the fender then it came with 4" wheels. Im remembering this when I was putting on my wheels.
Scooterboy is familiar with the different makes and models as well as Mean Dean he has alot of very nice show piece ruttmans.

Sorry.....Scooterboy doesn't know alot about Ruttmans. Most of what I know has come from studying the available brochures. There were 4",5", and 6" models. I always thought the difference was in the fender bracket. This is the first I've heard about differrent length frames. I've also been told by Ruttman "experts" that you could buy just about any combo of wheels size, color and seat length back then. Not just what the brochures showed.

bandit 40

Well From what I have heard is that some of these model ruttmans like the toad and the wild goose and there is another I cant remember ,is that one of them models is just a little longer than the rest, Im guessing this is where the longer seat comes in. Mean Dean is the one that was telling me about these differences. And yes the fender bracket is lower for the 4" wheel and higher for the 6" And I didnt know about the 5" wheels, thats new to me as well. And of course some of the foot pegs were fixed and some were folding.

Last edited:

bandit 40

That makes sense because the solid foot peg frame I have is the older of the three I own. Huh I have a 6" steel wheel ruttman wild goose, I Assumed that these were stock wheels but apparently not they look just like the 4" steel wheel :doah: You learn something new every day......

Mark....Remember, just because that is what is in that particular brochure doesn't mean that's the only way they came. All it means is that's what they had in mind when the brochure was made. Yours may well have come with 6" wheels.

bandit 40

Mark....Remember, just because that is what is in that particular brochure doesn't mean that's the only way they came. All it means is that's what they had in mind when the brochure was made. Yours may well have come with 6" wheels.
Oh I see.... thank you Mark:smile: that's good to know.

There is an extra seat bracket on that frame ??? That has me a little confused ... What do you think about that Mark??... Definitely Ruttman ... You are one lucky dog ... Very sweet ... Dang I wish I could be so lucky :thumbsup:

You mention the extra bracket, Is there only usually one cross bar under the seat? How does the seat attach with only one crossbar? Clamps? Just curious.

LK

Really kinda hard unless you have the ID tag on the engine plate, I know that there are the long frame ruttmans and the short, You measure from the neck back to the bend in the top of the frame, that will determine how long the seat is, because they had the short frames which used the small seat I think 19" and the long frame used the 21" seat, someone will correct me if that is wrong:smile:. And if you install a 6" tire and rim on the front and it hits the fender or sets right against the fender then it came with 4" wheels. Im remembering this when I was putting on my wheels.
Scooterboy is familiar with the different makes and models as well as Mean Dean he has alot of very nice show piece ruttmans.
I have some 6" wheels & tires from my Lil Indian I will try & see what I have. Thanks.

LK

Last edited: