what are you listening to v.2.0

Augiedoggie

And those kids in the 90's thought they invented that grungy sound !

:)
Sonics were the bad boys from the backstreets before it was cool. They enjoyed a loyal following for many years and again a few decades later their songs were featured in movies and their popularity exploded again when the younger folks heard their music for the first time. Awesome live band. Their recordings all sound edgy and live because they played their recordings note for note as if they were live.

Farm - Let That Boy Boogie - 1971

Charles I like that, and have never heard of them.

In 1971, if it wasn't on the radio stations you listened to, or one of your friends didn't turn you on to them...then you didn't know the group existed.

Maybe you saw the album at the record store...but without having heard them or heard of them, then you probably wouldn't gamble your money on the album.

Which is why I always gravitated to independent, and college radio stations.

It was WRPL radio, the Ripple out of Charlotte, then the staion at NCSU, that opened my eyes to many excellent, but obscure groups and recordings.

I still listen to college radio (streaming now)...88.7 WNCW from Isothetmal Community College in Spindale NC the best Bluegrass show in the nation Saturday's from11 to 7, then it's blues after that, ...91.7 WSGE Gaston Community College, Dallas NC, blues almost nightly.

Check them out streaming on the net !

Last edited:
Charles I like that, and have never heard of them.

In 1971, if it wasn't on the radio stations you listened to, or one of your friends didn't turn you on to them...then you didn't know the group existed.

Maybe you saw the album at the record store...but without having heard them or heard of them, then you probably wouldn't gamble your money on the album.

Which is why I always gravitated to independent, and college radio stations.

It was WRPL radio, the Ripple out of Charlotte, then the staion at NCSU, that opened my eyes to many excellent, but obscure groups and recordings.

I still listen to college radio (streaming now)...88.7 WNCW from Isothetmal Community College in Spindale NC the best Bluegrass show in the nation Saturday's from11 to 7, then it's blues after that, ...91.7 WSGE Gaston Community College, Dallas NC, blues almost nightly.

Check them out streaming on the net !
Yeah, as someone a few years older than you, I am very aware of that. I've stumbled upon a lot of really good music from way back when that I wasn't previously aware of, thanks to YouTube. There have been many times that I've said that if it wasn't on radio, we didn't know it existed.

Last edited: