What did i buy ?

Hey @chipper ! It's good to see you on here.

It looks like you've bought yourself something else fun to run around the track at Lucedale !

The go kart folks should be around soon, to help I'd your cart.

That's a good solid looking kart. Its probably not worth a ton of money but it will make an awesome recreation kart that you can actually drive and have fun with. If you have kids they will love it. I have five karts. One is a Bug, one is a Go-Kart 800 ( both of which are very collectible and I also have a 90's hard frame rec kart and two Murray full suspension karts that I am trying to build for the grandkids. Remember vintage kart parts go for way more than most vintage mini bike parts. So if your going to build that as a rec kart there tons of new aftermarket parts. Of course you probably knew this already. I thought I was talking to a newbie.

That's a good solid looking kart. Its probably not worth a ton of money but it will make an awesome recreation kart that you can actually drive and have fun with. If you have kids they will love it. I have five karts. One is a Bug, one is a Go-Kart 800 ( both of which are very collectible and I also have a 90's hard frame rec kart and two Murray full suspension karts that I am trying to build for the grandkids. Remember vintage kart parts go for way more than most vintage mini bike parts. So if your going to build that as a rec kart there tons of new aftermarket parts. Of course you probably knew this already. I thought I was talking to a newbie.
Thanks , I am putting 15x6-6 turf tires on it as the 5" wheels and the hopped up Predator with the live axle won't cut it , lol , I am making new seats , new clutch and chain and she'll be ready to rip . Only one of my 6 grandkids are old/big enough to drive it but he'll love it !!

Manco yard kart
I believe they bought out all the Rupp left over parts.
Subtle differences between the two.
Great purchase!
It certainly resembles the old Rupp karts , I can't find a matching image of any Manco karts ? If you notice only one steering link from the steering shaft and also the braces from the front wheel area back to the frame , also the rear frame tube breaks at the bearing holders for the live axle , so I'm not sure , also the tube that holds the steering shaft is a tight bend ( doesn't go from side to side of frame )

I can't find a picture of a Manco that looks like that, either. My old Manco fun karts didn't have a solid axle.
My old, foggy brain keeps thinking Phoenix Engineering.

sonerenos

It certainly resembles the old Rupp karts , I can't find a matching image of any Manco karts ? If you notice only one steering link from the steering shaft and also the braces from the front wheel area back to the frame , also the rear frame tube breaks at the bearing holders for the live axle , so I'm not sure , also the tube that holds the steering shaft is a tight bend ( doesn't go from side to side of frame )
I was wrong, its a CLARK CYCLOPS kart.

sonerenos

I'll buy that although I still don't see my exact one , The rear axle bearing holders face downward on mine and I'm not seeing the flat steel braces on the front end ? Perhaps those were added ?
yes, flat steel front axle braces were an add on from the owner to ensure when crashed, the front axle remained straight to ensure more fun days to come.