What do I have?

PatrickCraik

Hi, just got this $25.00 special from a work buddy. I think it's a Sears by Roper,but not sure. What do you guys think? The blower housing tag reads HS25,but I don't think it's original as it has holes in it from another tag or label, above the recoil. How do I tell the model and HP? Thanks.....PS. What is that funky bracket @ the rear of the frame used for? I've seen it on a similar mini.

Pat

It is a Sears/Bird/Roper. It would have came with a HS40. Your engine looks like a H25-35. You'd have to measure the bore and stroke to know for sure. That could be the original blower housing to that engine.

Last edited:

oldsledz

There is a Orange Sears in the Photo section that has a bracket just like that they have a brake cable mounted to it for drum brakes.

Sure is. But it looks like a caliper bracket:confused: And they're on opposite sides. That orange one has the tall jackshaft mounts and torque converter. Maybe some came with a disc on the rear.

They did.:thumbsup: The jackshaft models had it on the left. This one with solid forks is a single speed model, so the disc would have been on the right.

Last edited: